What courses are you taking this semster? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:23:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What courses are you taking this semster? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What courses are you taking this semster?  (Read 3074 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: July 22, 2008, 03:11:41 AM »

For all our students Smiley

I'm taking SPAN2002:Continuing Spanish II; HIST1206:Three American Revolutions; POLS1003:Ideas in Politics and either SPAN2004:Issues and Events or POLS2101: Refugee Politics. The last one depends on a couple of things, mainly whether I can get in to SPAN2004 with a (high) credit from last semester. Basically, people with HD's and D's get in, and if there are leftover spots then some C's'll qualify.

As for essays, for POLS1003 the choices are many and varied, but i'll choose either:

"What are the moral limits of the law? Should the law be used to (a) protect us from ourselves and/or (b) regulate morality?"

or

"What, if anything, is wrong with capitalist liberal democracy? Discuss in relation to one ideological or theoretical alternative to liberal democracy."

for POLS2101 I've determined it will be one of these three:

"Who or what is a refugee? Why is it a fundamentally political question?"

"If Europe desperately needs more people, why are Europeans turning away asylum seekers?"

or

"Critically examine these two comments on irregular immigration to the U.S.: 'For our future, we will all return to an imperfect, insensitive, but honest assimilationist past...[con't]" Victor Davis Hanson; "Having weathered cycles of pro- and anti-immigration sentiments and policies, the United States remains indebted to the contributions of the millions of immigrants who have settled this country. So, too, will it weather this latest assault on its best traditions." Susan Martin.

And finally, for HIST1206:

"The American colonists declared independence from Engalnd to preserve the society they already had, not to build a new one. Yet the Revolution set in train forces which would profoundly transform their society. Evaluate."

or

"Any other topic, as long as you get [the lecturer's] approval before you begin research on it" Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies