Philly SHOCKED that new large soda tax is hurting consumers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:53:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Philly SHOCKED that new large soda tax is hurting consumers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Philly SHOCKED that new large soda tax is hurting consumers  (Read 2210 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 05, 2017, 02:23:45 PM »

link
You must be logged in to read this quote.
1.5 cents per ounce making the tax 24 times higher than the tax on beer.  Weird that the distributors aren't just eating this like the city council  thought.  Who'd a thunk it?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »

Will this cause an underground Coca Cola trade like Bill de Blasio made with cigarettes in NYC? Constant government regulation never works as a deterrent.

"Pssst mate ... You holding any coke?"

"Yeah how many grams"

"Grams? You mean cans right?"

"...Err"
Then the local politicians can send the men in blue to hassle 'em for selling liquid caffeine.  Because we need more bad laws that put poor people and cops up each other's ass Roll Eyes  Laws against selling loose cigs and raising taxes an extreme amount on a consumable most people consume are horrible for poor people, but Dems keep shoving them down our throats.  Over regulation of occupations, stupid housing laws...if only the poor people voting for them would wise up.  Sadly they've been told there are only two options and the other option is racist and hates you....even more sad, they're often right.  (at least on the last bit, the two options thing is complete bull sh**t)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 08:25:12 AM »

Will this cause an underground Coca Cola trade like Bill de Blasio made with cigarettes in NYC? Constant government regulation never works as a deterrent.

"Pssst mate ... You holding any coke?"

"Yeah how many grams"

"Grams? You mean cans right?"

"...Err"
Then the local politicians can send the men in blue to hassle 'em for selling liquid caffeine.  Because we need more bad laws that put poor people and cops up each other's ass Roll Eyes  Laws against selling loose cigs and raising taxes an extreme amount on a consumable most people consume are horrible for poor people, but Dems keep shoving them down our throats.  Over regulation of occupations, stupid housing laws...if only the poor people voting for them would wise up.  Sadly they've been told there are only two options and the other option is racist and hates you....even more sad, they're often right.  (at least on the last bit, the two options thing is complete bull sh**t)

I was just making a joke
I wasn't.  Local Dem politicians are dicks to the poor people that vote for them.  Doing everything they can to keep them poor and thinking that the Dems are the only ones that can help them.  It's done amazingly horrible things to a number of large cities in this country.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 08:26:31 AM »

I always love when my fellow lefties endorse social experimentation that primarily affects the poor.

Reminds me of the good old days in the 20s when eugenics was "progressive."

EDIT: ninja'd by RINO Tom of all people. Strange bedfellows, I suppose.
progressives loves regressive taxes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies