Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:05:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)  (Read 69055 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: June 07, 2016, 08:41:16 PM »

Too bad the other states aren't going to join ND in giving only 25% to Hillary.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 12:30:01 AM »

The way in which California counts their votes is a disgrace to the country.  It's unacceptable that a significant number of votes will still be trickling in for days to come.  Why can they not count the votes on the night of the election?  It has never obviously had a big effect on the Presidential races because California is never close, but still, it's ridiculous.

Totally agreed... I live on the West Coast, and I very much doubt we will get 50% in before I go to bed, and they will start counting again tomorrow and margins will narrow significantly. Then I will go to bed tomorrow night, and we will have 55-58% of the results in, even though election officials have no idea of how many votes are yet to be counted, etc....

Election night in Oregon was up 6% and then it took almost was week before it was a 10% margin and then now a 15% margin.

Vote by Mail totally sucks when it comes to actually counting election votes, especially when you have states that allow mail-in-ballots to be counted days after the election so long as they are received and postmarked by the deadline.

I'm totally against vote-by-mail to begin with, but if they're going to have it, at least have the cutoff date be like 5 days before the election or something.  If you don't have it in the mail 5 days before the election you have to vote in person.  It's ridiculous that so many people likely just mailed their ballots yesterday.

People in California can still mail in ballots today as long as it is postmarked by midnight.

You could drop it off at a polling place or a special drop box until 8pm today, but I assume you're screwed after that.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 12:58:37 AM »

Philly here we come!!!!!!!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 01:03:05 AM »

Ugh, the crowd just spent a solid thirty seconds booing Clinton after Bernie congratulated her on her victory and he just stood there and soaked it all in.

I know, they should have booed her for at least a solid minute after the sh**t she pulled yesterday with her anonymous superdelegates and the Associated Press.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 01:06:14 AM »

He is directly standing in the way of unity. In fact, he's helping tear the rifts even deeper.

LOL, Hillary's entire divisive campaign was in the way of unity.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 01:10:24 AM »

He is directly standing in the way of unity. In fact, he's helping tear the rifts even deeper.

LOL, Hillary's entire divisive campaign was in the way of unity.

Look in a mirror, broseph.  Burnie has been the divisive one.

He has not run a year long campaign attacking his opponents supporters for being sexist and racist. He has not repeatedly lied in attacks. Hillary ran a much more negative campaign than his. She has turned me off not just to herself, but the party as a whole.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 01:11:19 AM »

Uh... you guys do realize that Clinton didn't drop out on the last day of the primaries in 2008 either right? (Technically this isn't even the last day of the primaries either.)

Do you think he's meeting with Obama on Thursday just to flip him the bird or something? Get a grip, folks. It takes a few days to sort these things out sometimes.

Also Obama had the decency to wait until after the last state to announce the superdelegates. Hillary's move yesterday was designed to help her win California, and was total scumbag move that I hope convinces Bernie to run 3rd party.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 12:48:14 AM »

Bernie currently has won 5 districts: 1, 2, 13, 20, 28.
Check out the demographics of CA-13:
Demographics: 20% African American, 21% Asian, 21% Hispanic, 34% White
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 01:21:36 AM »

WOW! BERNIE WON 5 DISTRICTS OUT OF 53!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FEEL THE BERN BITCHAZ!!!!

6! He's leading in the 24th district too. (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and part of Ventura Counties)

I meant 24 not 28
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 01:39:16 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2016, 01:41:12 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

That's Barbara Lee's district with Berkeley, right? It was a miracle Hillary ever led there.

But that's about 20% of the district, compared to the 55% that is Oakland, the most diverse city in America, with a lot of blacks.

http://priceonomics.com/the-most-and-least-diverse-cities-in-america/
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 01:46:07 AM »

That's Barbara Lee's district with Berkeley, right? It was a miracle Hillary ever led there.

But that's about 20% of the district, compared to the 55% that is Oakland, one of the most diverse cities in America, with a lot of blacks.

If you asked me to give you one city where Sanders would have a chance at winning the black vote, it would be Oakland.

You mean besides the obvious like Burlington VT? It actually has a higher black percentage than Hillary's hometown.

I don't know if any results other than by county or congressional district are available yet.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 05:00:04 PM »

Yup, the most diverse city in America. Hillary landslided rich white Piedmont next to it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 02:56:37 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2016, 02:58:28 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Even if Bernie did better among Anglos than Latinos in the state as a whole, he definitely didn't in the Bay Area and Southern California.

Okay--- this might well be correct, unfortunately we don't have any exit polling data to work off of, so what do you see to make such a definitive statement?

Curious and not argumentative... just working towards the further pursuit of knowledge through data...

Smiley

Hillary doing better in CD-14 and 18 than 17 and 19 for example. CD-13 obviously. In SoCal you have CD-34 vs CD-33. CD-46 as mentioned. CD 29 vs CD 30. Also note that I am not saying that Bernie did better than Hillary among Latinos in the Bay Area and SoCal, just that he didn't do worse. I am saying that it was a tie.

Also, I know we already talked about it. Just astounded Bernie actually ended up winning CD-46.

This is definitely the story of the 'Cali '16 Dem Primary, where in a majority-minority state and primary electorate (52% of '08 Dems in Exit polls self-identified as "minority", whatever the F**k that means in modern day America.... I'm assuming (and without exit polls that somewhere close to 55% of the '16 Cali Dem Primary electorate does not self-identify as "White" (Whatever the F**k that means).

The old California of "California Uber Alles" Brown/Reagan dichotomy  is long dead and gone, and a fading ghost of a fictional paradise of rose tinted glasses in OC back in the late '50s and early '60s.

The New California has come of age, and as the most multi-ethnic state in the union has clearly come of age to the point that even in the 2016 Democratic Primary race/ethnicity has become essentially a non-issue and primarily the Democratic electorate is voting more along economic class based lines rather than tribal politics...

Trump has obviously motivated a buttload of new voters to register Dem early, many of whom voted in the Dem Primary, and hopefully that battleship will continue to the GE regardless of the new voters in places like Long Beach, Fresno, Sacramento, and Modesto that voted for the first time in an election for Bernie, and this investment needs to continue to fuel increased Dem turnout in overwhelmingly Latino districts in Cali, where for too long, there has been a single party state.

"Si Se Puede"----

Yeah, the racial identities didn't go the way they were expected to in Alameda county.

Emeryville is only 40% Non-Hispanic white, and is 17% black, and despite not having very many college students managed to beat whiter Berkeley, which one would have assumed would have been the best city in the county. Oakland is the most diverse city in the country, and Bernie won it. Its neighbor Piedmont is mostly rich whites with a few Asians and is 1% black and 3% Hispanic, and it was Hillary's best city in the county by a landslide.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies