Why I am Pro-Choice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:14:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Why I am Pro-Choice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why I am Pro-Choice  (Read 10235 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« on: October 07, 2005, 03:16:22 PM »

The argument that abortions are justified because of a mother would have difficulty finding dates strikes me as exceptional and (if I might say so) unreasonable. I don't mean to sound condescending, but really: If a child has already been born, should the mother be allowed to kill him, on the grounds that she might not find a good date? I suppose that many people don't want to date those who have elderly parents to take care off, so I suppose this justifies killing off sick parents, too.

Although I am pro-choice, I have to say that this line of reasoning is not one that I find particularly compelling.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 03:22:12 PM »

Of course a child shouldn't be killed after birth, I'm not migrendel. 
If you believe that a fetus is a living person, just like a child who has been born, then your argument about dating would be inconsistent.

If you believe that a fetus is not a living person, unlike a child who has been born, then your argument about dating would be redundant. The mere acceptance of the fact that the fetus is not a person would be sufficient justification for allowing abortion; resorting to a provocative line of reasoning such as "the fact that many men don't date women with kids justifies abortions" is entirely unnecessary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies