After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:39:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 30360 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« on: December 04, 2015, 07:23:48 AM »

I confirm I will indeed play as Lord Mace Tyrell.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »

Pretty funny that no one wants to be eponymous Robert yet! (in control of baby Stannis...) what hipsters we all are avoiding the obvious...

Well, it is a lot of responsibility, xD

And personally I prefer having an endless source of manpower....
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 10:50:07 PM »

What happens if my character dies? Do I watch the game go on? Do I become Eddard or Rickard's first born whose name escapes me right now? What if those guys are dead when I die? Do I become Benjen? Even if he's already a watchman? What if every one in my house is dead when I die? Do I become Catelyn Tully? If I control someone else and die as that person do I get a third chance to play?

If you can't tell this is my first time playing.

Naturally this is up to Mr. X and Badgate, but during the first two games the ideas was that after dead the suitable relative would take up the position formerly held by the player (as in, Rickard dies, Brandon takes over) and the player would be given the chance to return as that character or a different one if a spot is openened (in this case, choosing not to play Brandon but play someone else instead), this process repeated regardless of the amounts of deaths (and I'm sure there are players who had to die twice).

So in that sense, I would think the rules to be similar.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 11:39:50 PM »

I went through several characters in the last ASOIAF game because Lumine killed everyone I loved.

Woah, wait a minute there, I'm not to blame if the players are over enthusiastic in trying to kill each other (and you did commit suicide once, xD)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 11:14:12 AM »

That's... unexpected. That said, why would my character try to get to KL by sea? Wouldn't it have made more sense to go to KL by land? (I'm not sure if I mentioned "riding" there)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 06:13:36 PM »

Slathering for mod PoV and wondering if deadline still tonight?

I would hope so, I'm very interested to see what follows!

(especially considering how pessimistic I am regarding how long will I stay alive)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 03:58:35 PM »

Everyone write more PoVs puhlease!! I am insatiable

I'd do it, but Mace riding through the fields isn't the most exciting subject, xD
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 08:18:10 PM »

Just for fun, I'm issuing 20 or so edicts from King's Landing, including executions, appointments, a potential wedding, and an unexpected twist... Stay tuned!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »

Good to see another player!

When can we expect turn 3 to begin?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 06:52:36 PM »

I waited about as long as I could, but tomorrow I have to take a trip that will have me without internet access one week at the earliest and two weeks at the latest, so if you don't hear from me on Monday then I'm gone.

I don't know if that means I will get killed off or retired, but just in case I'll leave a few dispositions to be on the safe side.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 12:26:19 PM »

Huh.

Well, I suppose that's about it for my efforts to keep the peace.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 11:04:52 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2016, 11:18:55 PM by Lumine »

Just curious, Badgate, I had commanded Tarly to come to King's Landing, as well as raising a second host in the Reach (along with some moves in the Crownlands). Was this impossible to do by the start of this turn due to timing?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 11:22:24 AM »

The Sword of the Morning lost...? Oh, gods...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 08:12:59 PM »

If they are I suppose it's fine, but aren't direwolves kind of an unfair advantage as all the players already have a single special ability of their own? (and as we have seen, direwolves have way too many uses)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 02:43:09 PM »

Well, gentlemen, it's looks like it's the end for me. With the start of university I am increasingly lacking spare time, at least until the first few weeks have stabilized, not to mention Balance of Power and Fear and Loathing demand their share of time as well. As a result, I'm afraid I'll have to drop out.

It's been a remarkable game so far, although I confess my surprise that no one had me killed before... (I've been sort of expecting death since turn two onwards) So thanks to Badgate (and of course, to X) for hosting the game, and best of luck moving forward!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »

Not to meddle (especially since I'm not playing now), but perhaps people are giving up on Badgate too soon? It's pretty strange that he hasn't entered the forum, but I don't think he would leave the game alone just like that.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 09:12:47 PM »

Good to see you're back, Badgate, I hope everything's okay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies