SENATE BILL: No ads for Prescription Drugs Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:32:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: No ads for Prescription Drugs Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: No ads for Prescription Drugs Act (Passed)  (Read 879 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« on: April 05, 2020, 07:58:40 AM »

I don't fully agree with the notion that patients shouldn't have input on what drugs they're prescribed, or that they at least shouldn't be allowed to at least ask their doctor's opinion of them.  I take Lyrica for my depression, which is an anticonvulsant that's typically prescribed for physical pain in the US but I asked my psychiatrist to be put on that drug because it's also helped my mother with her anxiety and depression as well as seizures and physical pain.

Also, as a clinical depression patient and person with a sleep disorder, I have been placed on a number of different drugs since I was a child, so occasionally I will ask to try a specific drug that I haven't yet tried or is new on the market.

And if a patient requests a drug that the doctor does not feel is appropriate, then he or she can always say no.

For those reasons, I lean against this bill.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 05:00:40 PM »

I don't fully agree with the notion that patients shouldn't have input on what drugs they're prescribed, or that they at least shouldn't be allowed to at least ask their doctor's opinion of them.  I take Lyrica for my depression, which is an anticonvulsant that's typically prescribed for physical pain in the US but I asked my psychiatrist to be put on that drug because it's also helped my mother with her anxiety and depression as well as seizures and physical pain.

Also, as a clinical depression patient and person with a sleep disorder, I have been placed on a number of different drugs since I was a child, so occasionally I will ask to try a specific drug that I haven't yet tried or is new on the market.

And if a patient requests a drug that the doctor does not feel is appropriate, then he or she can always say no.

For those reasons, I lean against this bill.

Well, I do agree patients do have the right to speak with their doctors about the drugs they take; though at the end of the day I do think doctors are the most qualified to prescribe stuff (with patient input of course, especially regarding the effects; if you aren't feeling anything you should be put on different medication).

However given that I have thankfully never been on prescription medication for extended periods of time; especially not for anything serious, I am leaning on deferring to your judgement here.

I assume you would be ok with striking down Section 2 and that Section 3 is fine? (making it apply to all drug commercials of course)

Yeah, I think section three is fine.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 05:38:10 PM »

I will vote for the bill in its present form.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies