Cannabis '15: The Long Wait Until 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:03:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cannabis '15: The Long Wait Until 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cannabis '15: The Long Wait Until 2016  (Read 49606 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 20, 2012, 01:47:38 AM »

I wouldn't have supported the Washington initiative. The idea that a driver can be forced to undergo a blood test and be penalized for something they may have smoked ages ago is terrifying.

I agree it's less than ideal, but they can't test you without probable cause. So as long as you aren't driving erratically with a car reeking of weed you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Since when has probable cause been anything like a surefire safeguard in the War on Drugs?  Do people seriously not see being forced to have your blood tested by the police as an invasion of privacy? If that's not, I don't know what is. It's just not worth it. 
Thankfully the Supreme Court is taking up this issue in the context of warrantless blood tests for alcohol, where there is a good chance it will be struck down.

Drop the polemics. In Realityville, CT is basically right, and you are wrong.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:11:55 PM »

Oh yeah I forgot about Alaska. It's kind of strange though, their 2014 initiative would be on the August primary ballot if they get enough signatures. Don't know why they're aiming for that date.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20130829/feds-say-no-busting-pot-users-green-states-alaskas-decision-nears

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This actually bodes ill for the pro-legalization vote. Not only will a primary vote bring out fewer 'casual' voters who are more likely to be younger and mj friendlier, but with Begich. Running unopposed for renomination and heavily contested GOP primary, the electorate will be Dem light.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 10:07:46 PM »

Some interesting crosstabs there. Apparently 18-29 year olds oppose marijuana legalization more than 65+ year olds do.

I call BS
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies