Bloomberg slams liberal "culture of censorship" in Ivy League (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:41:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bloomberg slams liberal "culture of censorship" in Ivy League (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bloomberg slams liberal "culture of censorship" in Ivy League  (Read 9990 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: May 30, 2014, 08:08:14 PM »
« edited: May 30, 2014, 08:26:50 PM by Simfan34 »

Michael Bloomberg Blasts Ivy League For Liberal 'Censorship'
http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-bloomberg-blasts-ivy-league-for-liberal-censorship-2014-5#ixzz33FcKGdbE

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bloomie, how truly we miss you. Although I would have liked to have heard this sort of stuff when you were in office, it is the truth, and I'm glad he's telling. We really do miss you. Cry
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:58:30 AM »

The GOP has wasted more of your money than the Democrats could ever dream of doing. And truly wasted it, not just put it into state programs that you may think are suboptimal.

Look at spending growth in the United States. A lion's share is mandatory entitlement spending.

And a lion's share of that mandatory entitlement spending is caused by the GOP's Medicare Part D.

Maybe it's just because I was eight at the time, but I don't recall Democrats raising hackles about Part D, either. I haven't read much on it though, I could be wrong on that. But I'm currently under the impression it was uncontroversial at the time.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 10:52:17 AM »

Nate Silver confirms that right of center politicians are almost totally absent these days as graduation speakers in the Ivory Tower. Lots of lip service is given to tolerance and a preference for diversity. That's the PC thing to do, particularly among those who like to think they are enlightened. The reality is very different. Click on the poll on that which Nate links in his article.

But remember, conservatives are wrong, and wrong viewpoints don't deserve to be listened to.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 01:07:32 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2014, 01:38:45 PM by Simfan34 »

Bloomberg was speaking in broader terms than commencement speakers, however, but rather a general and concerted trend to shut out views not conforming to the prevailing liberal consensus on college campuses. I think the following describes it well:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/illiberal-education
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 06:09:33 AM »

But what do salesmen matter in 2014, particularly when compared to elite university graduates? This is false equivalency.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 09:40:42 AM »

Metanarrative? Bloomberg is a poststructuralist now?

No, but apparently Rod Dreher is pretending to be one, much like an otherwise conventionally macho man putting on a tacky wig and tackier dress for one school play in his late teens or early twenties and considering it 'drag'. That's less surprising.

Is Rod Dreher not allowed to use the word metanarrative?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 10:14:14 AM »

Why have we bumped this thread? But since we have, I'd hazard that DFB wouldn't be as strident as he was three years ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies