How did people with the following hobbies vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:40:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How did people with the following hobbies vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did people with the following hobbies vote?  (Read 11319 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« on: December 23, 2020, 11:39:04 AM »

Some hobbies already mentioned I find pretty intriguing politically, like stamp and coin collectors, radio amateurs, and historical reenactors. What about the following?

- Playing poker
- Collecting playing cards
- Calligraphy/nib pens
- Woodworking
- Swimming in the Great Lakes
- Irish pubs
- Singing in a church choir
- Central Asian history
- Astrology
- Trump
- Lean Biden
- Biden
- Lean Trump
- Trump
- Lean Trump (White Evangelicals outnumber their Black counterparts)
- Biden
- Lean Biden
Proffesional poker players skew heavily democrat in terms of donations, though the people who play it as a hobby skew heavily male.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 06:43:21 AM »

I don't get why everyone is saying video gaming would skew trump, maybe the hardcore fringe that hangs out 4chan but that's a very small minority of the community even among hardcore gaming fans. Simple Age and Demographics correlation would indicate that the hobby would skew towards democrats given the low age of the average gamer.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 11:20:46 PM »

Ham radio enthusiasts are a constituency political pundits don't pay enough attention to at their own peril.
Hobbyist Rocketry is kind of hard to gauge.

I recently came back from a hobbyist rocketry competion in California which also has a similar divide. Most of the teams competing in it are university students who lean heavily democrat and liberal(a transwoman runs one of the most active hobbyist sites) but the elder organizers are very conservative.

At the end when we are doing some analysis on our rocket one of the organizers mentioned to me "one of our political parties wants men to be able to use woman toilets" offhandidly after a team member complained about crowding of the woman's restrooms.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies