Popular Initiative Amendment (Passed/Sent to Regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:05:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Popular Initiative Amendment (Passed/Sent to Regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Popular Initiative Amendment (Passed/Sent to Regions)  (Read 4473 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 22, 2007, 11:56:39 PM »

I intend to vote against this bill until it is amended to do something that could not be achieved by a citizen asking their senator to sponsor a bill

But what if neither of their Senators agree with the bill? Say, for example, a left-winger in the Southeast wants to propose a bill. Obviously, neither their District nor Regional Senator is going to sponsor it because the Southeast is dominated by rightists, but, if this bill or something similar were passed, that person and others who disagree with their Senators on issues would still be able to propose legislation.

(I suppose using a leftist as an example is probably not going to convince you, but what about a social conservative in the Pacific?)

Even in that case, aniother Senator is likely to pick it up.  I mean, Ebowed introduced Ernest's bill, despite the fact that the two are on complete opposite sides of the country.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 06:35:27 PM »

Though I don't think it will ever find serious use, I'll be willing to err on the side of giving power to the people here.

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies