Clean Energy Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:24:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clean Energy Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clean Energy Act  (Read 9845 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« on: November 19, 2004, 02:00:36 AM »
« edited: November 19, 2004, 02:45:57 PM by Senator StevenNick »

I have some serious problems with the bill proposed here.

Upon the passage of this bill:

1. The regions of Atlasia shall have six decades to discuss, decide and implement the type of alternative, clean energy that suits their region the best.

I think this is incredibly vague.  I understand the value of trying to find a regional solution to this problem, but this part of the bill doesn't at all make it clear what the goal here is.  What is "alternative, clean energy?"

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How much is sufficient?  Is there to be some kind of cap on the amount of federal funds to be allocated for this purpose?  My fear is that regions, knowing that the federal government will foot the bill for whatever "alternative, clean" energy sources they come up with, will propose some ridiculously expensive, very anti-free market plan that will force the federal government to spend far more than is anticipated at the time of this bill.

We still don't know how to tell when "the job is completed."  This portion of the bill could give the federal government wide-ranging powers to step at the end of the sixty years and shove anything down the throats of the unsuspecting regions.  We really need to have some specific job before we can talk about completing it or not.  We need to know how you're going to measure success.

Once again, we don't know what the regions need to back up.  And we still don't know how we're going to measure whether or not the regions have failed in executing this portion of the bill or not.

I don't think it's within the federal government's constitutional authority to command Atlasian citizens to buy electricty made by certain means.  And it is impossible to force citizens to get their power from two seperate energy sources.  Citizens simply get electricity.  The source of that electricity is something for the power company to figure out.

Overall, I fear that this bill's vague language would lead to any combination of the following:  nothing, something, but a cost much greater than anticipated, or higher energy costs and massive abuses of federal power.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 06:03:15 PM »

I'd like to point out that this proposed bill is entirely unconstitutional as the federal government does not have the right to force the regions to take any course of action whatsoever.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 07:55:12 PM »

Nay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies