Voting in WV - Homer Simpson style
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:03:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Voting in WV - Homer Simpson style
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voting in WV - Homer Simpson style  (Read 902 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2008, 12:24:54 AM »

At least three early voters in Jackson County had a hard time voting for candidates they want to win.

Virginia Matheney and Calvin Thomas said touch-screen machines in the county clerk's office in Ripley kept switching their votes from Democratic to Republican candidates.

"When I touched the screen for Barack Obama, the check mark moved from his box to the box indicating a vote for John McCain," said Matheney, who lives in Kenna.

When she reported the problem, she said, the poll worker in charge "responded that everything was all right. It was just that the screen was sensitive and I was touching the screen too hard. She instructed me to use only my fingernail."

Even after she began using her fingernail, Matheney said, the problem persisted.

When she tried to vote for candidates running for two open seats on the Supreme Court, the electronic machine canceled her second vote twice.

On her third try, Matheney managed to cast votes for both Menis Ketchum and Margaret Workman, Democratic candidates for the two open seats.

http://wvgazette.com/News/200810170676

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k8MrtOwi9I
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 12:32:48 AM »

It would do my body good, to get a real verifiable case of deliberate GOP vote fraud. On that one, the other party seems to have a monopoly. Maybe this is it! Tongue
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 05:43:27 AM »

Jackson county is one of the historically Republican ones, if that helps. Though it voted for Bubba and Kerry, somehow, stayed the right sight of 40% there.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies