Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:09:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71822 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: May 13, 2014, 10:03:22 PM »

To: World

After consulting with our allies' records on the Perdicaris incident, we have discovered that Ion Perdicaris is not an American citizen. However, according to our ministers across the Ionian, Perdicaris actually had registered a Greek passport over forty years ago, before I was even born. According to our cables, his citizenship seems to be a misunderstanding on Raisuli's part; however, we shall not be as kind as our American friends are being.

Due to the attack on our ally's citizen, effective immediately, a state of war exists between the Kingdom of Italy and the Sultanate of Morocco. We are fully committed to freeing Ion Perdicaris.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #476 on: May 13, 2014, 10:24:02 PM »

The French Republic

--- Encourage the French Foreign Legion to accomplish the mission and crush the rebels. Anyone surrendering though should be treated properly and not tortured or otherwise abused.

--- Begin troop movements toward Morocco. Incite rebel leaders against the Sultan and offer to aid them. We declare that A State of War Exists between France and Morocco.

To: The Kingdom of Italy

Sir, we are aware you have declared war on Morocco. We would like to work with you in this regard to depose the Sultan. We would like to meet with you to discuss how we may best operate together.

--- I will continue to take ideas from my cabinet in order to push for economic growth. I will raise taxes, but only a moderate increase to cover the increased spending costs. I will also increase the size of the military and create a new branch of the French Armed Forces: The Air Force which will be heavily invested in making airplanes a linchpin in how France conducts future conflicts. We also will put in a troop surge and encourage recruitment. I also want to invest into using automobiles more efficiently for the armed forces.

--- Put forward some government propaganda portraying my ministry as one that wants to reach out to all corners and is entirely dedicated to the entire French populace.

To: The Empire of Japan

We will make some inquiries and let you know of our findings. We will not turn away foreign volunteers to the Foreign Legion, however simply based upon their current nationality.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #477 on: May 13, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »

To: Kingdom of France

The Adriatic League would be happy to discuss how to deal with this problem.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #478 on: May 13, 2014, 11:17:48 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2014, 12:29:25 AM by Dr. Cynic »

--- France will send send 5,000 troops to Morocco from the continent to assist Italy and the anti-Sultan rebels. We will also negotiate with the leader of the rebels to secure the release of Ion Perdicaris.

--- (Also, before I forget) I have accepted the offer of the German Chancellor Von Bulow to make a speech before the Reichstag. (I will take a somewhat more beefed up security team though with me to make sure all the necessary precautions are taken)A few parts of the text to the speech is as follows:

"It is strange indeed to imagine myself before the Reichstag, invited to speak in a gracious note from the Chancellor, one in which I hope he will reciprocate and come to speak before our National Assembly.... It is true that our nations have been engaged in enmity many times in our history. Not so long ago, we fought a war. However, I am pleased to say that though some wounds will take time to heal, we are in the process of healing those wounds on both sides.... France is committed to peaceful relations on the continent. We look to the future with hope not simply for France and Germany, but for the entire civilized world. I am here today offering my hand to yours and I hope we can all accept for the sake of a new and peaceful world and new and peaceful relations between us all."
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #479 on: May 13, 2014, 11:51:47 PM »

The US Navy's Mediterranean Task Force is ordered to support the efforts of our Italian and French friends as they combat Morocco
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #480 on: May 13, 2014, 11:54:18 PM »

Nicaragua

I agree to direct negotiations between myself and President Santos to create the Nicaragua Canal

Mr . President- please give us your proposal

Pres McKinley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #481 on: May 14, 2014, 04:54:10 AM »

To: The World

We are deeply disturbed with the news about situation in Belgian Congo and we feel the world cannot stand idle in face of this human tragedy.

As a neutral power, not involved in the African affairs, we wish to offer our services as a mediating part in order to solve this crisis.

x Abdul Hamid II

To: The United States

We were deeply saddened with an untimely passing of Senator Mark Hanna and we wish to extend our heartfelt condolences toward family, friends and the entire American nation.

x Abdul Hamid II
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #482 on: May 14, 2014, 05:21:22 AM »

Ottoman Empire - Early 1904

-- Our domestic and military reforms has already proved to be a resounding success and we shall maintain the course without hesitation.

-- Azerbaijan shall be organized into a sixth Special Administrative District (District F), in line with our administrative reform implamented some time ago.

Emphasize close historical and ethnic ties with the Azeri people. I shall personally visit liberated Azerbaijan as soon as possible.

-- I am very pleased with the army's performance in Kurdistan. I wish to reconfirm my desire for integration and reconciliation between the Kurdish people and the Ottoman Government by rewarding loyal (or, at least, very restrained) Kurdish clans, including offering lucrative jobs to their members (under a watchful eye till they loyalty is beyond doubts, naturally).

I am prepeared to offer a conditional amnesty for the rebel foot soldiers, as long as they swear an oath of allegiance and submitt into a proper supervision.

I ask the government of Turkmenistan to make sure that those rebels who has fled into their territory remains there.

-- I shall encourage settlements in recovered part of Armenia by offering available land to my poor subjects, especially those who lost their property during the Second Great Turkish War.

-- With capture of a half of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, I order that the Ministry of War and the Admiralty to start implementing this plan.

Also, as we've just gained an access to the Caspian Sea, we need to organize a small force there to monitor our shores (pretty much a border patrol, nothing extravagant).

-- I am confident that we can very soon reach an agreement with the Patriarch along lines outlined by me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #483 on: May 14, 2014, 07:10:10 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2014, 07:22:20 AM by Abdul the Reformer »

To: The United Kingdom

We must voice our concerns regarding the Saudi ambitions. Creating of a large, independent state under such an unpredictable dynasty will only increase tensions in the Middle East, as well as antagonize other eminent Arab leaders, that have difficult relations with the Sauds.

x Abdul Hamid II

To: The French Republic

Generally, we have no objections regarding the Kurds serving in your Foreign Legion. However, we have to ask our French friends that you'll make an discreet inquiry whether notable rebel leaders are among them and, if so, to take necessary steps to prevent them from continuing any anti-Ottoman activities.

x Abdul Hamid II

To: Sultanate of Morroco

We pray our Morrocan brothers be able to resolve their diffrences with foreign powers peacefully and to secure Mr. Perdicaris release.

x Abdul Hamid II

(OOC: Generally, we don't give a damn about Morroco)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #484 on: May 14, 2014, 11:55:01 AM »

To: The Ottoman Empire

As we told Japan, my government will make inquiries and let you know of any findings.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #485 on: May 14, 2014, 02:43:57 PM »

OOC: Do I have an answer on the diplomacy I sent?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #486 on: May 14, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »

OOC: I thought we settled it through PMs, But if you'd prefer a public message, I'll do that too. Smiley

France is certainly willing to discuss plans and is looking forward to working closely with you as we deal with this threat.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #487 on: May 14, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »

--- French Response to the situation in The Congo: France is appalled by the gross violations of the rights of human dignity committed in the Belgian Congo and further demands that Leopold II renounce all claim to the Congo. France will furthermore offer to either buy the territory of the Belgian Congo for a sum of 250,000,000 francs. Should Leopold II refuse, France will have no choice but to consider sending in peacekeeping forces to deal with this and we ask all nations with a vested interest in human rights to condemn and work with France to ensure that these abuses come to an end.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #488 on: May 14, 2014, 03:07:04 PM »

OOC: I thought we settled it through PMs, But if you'd prefer a public message, I'll do that too. Smiley

Nah, that was to Lumine, not you. We've settled it.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #489 on: May 14, 2014, 03:14:37 PM »

Nah, that was to Lumine, not you. We've settled it.

OOC: Fair enough either way lol
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #490 on: May 14, 2014, 03:23:34 PM »

Russia is concerned about reports of brutal treatment of subjects in the Congo Free State. We ask Leopold II to transfer control of the region to the Belgian government.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #491 on: May 14, 2014, 03:53:33 PM »

The Ottoman Empire wishes to reconfirm its readiness to serve as a mediating part regarding Belgian Congo, as we are not involved in African affairs and, therefore, has no own interest in this distressing case.

Therefore, we would like to propose this plan:

- Belgian Congo shall cease to be King Leopold II's private property and his authority shall be transfered to the Belgian government

- A multinational corps of observers and peacekeepers shall be deployed to Congo in order to ensure that all atrocities stops (we are already willing to participate along other powers)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #492 on: May 14, 2014, 03:54:45 PM »

France is willing to endorse the Ottoman plan.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #493 on: May 14, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »

Italy also endorses the Ottoman plan.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #494 on: May 14, 2014, 05:53:18 PM »

The UK is willing to endorse the Ottoman plan.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #495 on: May 14, 2014, 10:49:27 PM »

The USA commends the Ottoman Empire's leadership on this issue and wholeheartedly endorses its plan
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #496 on: May 14, 2014, 11:20:31 PM »

We hereby appoint Hüseyin Hilmi Pasha as Grand Vizier. We believe that he, as an experienced and competent administrator, will effectively carry out our vision.

x Abdul Hamid II
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #497 on: May 15, 2014, 08:45:02 AM »

To: The Prime Minister of Belgium

Your Excellency,

I wish to humbly recommend that the Belgian government will endorse the Ottoman Plan to resolve the Congo crisis. In face of great international outcry, which, I'm confident, is being shared by the Belgian people as well, it is simply impossible for the King to keep Congo as his private property, especially since times of entire countries being held as a private property has thankfully passed. We do not wish to strip Belgium from her overseas possessions, so the offered compromise is the most sensible solution, that would satisfy both Belgium and the world.

Peace Be Upon You,
x Abdul Hamid II

To: The French Republic

Thank you for your answer. We wouldn't ask for anything more.

x Abdul Hamid II
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #498 on: May 15, 2014, 06:23:23 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2014, 06:32:07 PM by Abdul the Reformer »

Your Majesty,

Given good relations between our two governments, I wonder if I could ask you for a little favor. We desire a reconciliation between us and the Kingdom of Greece, which is a close ally of your country, but we have rather poor communication with Athens. Would you consider communicating our most sincere intentions to put the past behind and establish friendly, neighbourly relationship with them?

I believe our proposals to settle any differences with the Patriarchate of Constantinopole is a very sound sign of our intentions,

x Abdul Hamid II

OOC: Spamage, how is our regional pact?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #499 on: May 15, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x King Vittorio Emanuele III of Italy
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies