FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:39:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 130
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 118049 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: August 11, 2022, 07:13:48 PM »

!!!

If this is true and they found those docs then I’d absolutely support charging him
It's the Washington Post, be careful!
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #751 on: August 11, 2022, 07:14:58 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2022, 07:20:56 PM by LostInOhio »

!!!

I have to wonder - could there be a connection to the story that broke a few weeks ago about China having access to our nuclear information (?)? I can’t remember exactly what it is - does anyone know what I’m talking about?

Edit - found it! https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/23/politics/fbi-investigation-huawei-china-defense-department-communications-nuclear/index.html
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #752 on: August 11, 2022, 07:15:20 PM »

!!!

If this is true and they found those docs then I’d absolutely support charging him

Sure why I said if this is true , not at the current moment . This is why though the search warrant needs to be unsealed
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #753 on: August 11, 2022, 07:18:16 PM »

JFC
Junior Chimp

« Reply #754 on: August 11, 2022, 07:19:18 PM »

!!!

Sure why I said if this is true , not at the current moment . This is why though the search warrant needs to be unsealed
I think it will be unsealed and then it will reveal they found nothing.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #755 on: August 11, 2022, 07:24:21 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2022, 07:30:58 PM by Torrain »

!!!

Beyond the absolute chaos of that headline - the article refuses to indicate whose nukes the documents referred to (they indicate nuclear weapons rather than nuclear reactors, so it’s definitely not just power-generation trivia).  I’m not sure which of the five outcomes here is worst:
  • Trump stole/held onto documents regarding the US nuclear arsenal, risking key military secrets of his own state, the world’s premier superpower, falling into foreign hands
  • Trump held onto documents relating to the nukes of an ally - France or the UK, risking a major diplomatic rift amongst key NATO and UNSC partners.
  • Trump held onto documents relating to the nukes of a rival/opposed state, like Russia, China or North Korea, risking a major escalation in tensions if the documents were lost/leaked
  • Trump held onto documents relating to the nuclear programmes of India and/or Pakistan, risking an incident, or dangerous sabre-rattling between the two.
  • Trump held onto documents relating to Israel’s *open secret* nuclear programme. If this is the case, it’s perhaps one of the most consequential of all. A leak here could destroy the policy of strategic ambiguity in a single afternoon, and cause a major incident in Middle Eastern geopolitics
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #756 on: August 11, 2022, 07:24:22 PM »

This is Fox's headline on the site.

"Judge punts back to DOJ, gives agency deadline to see if Trump supports unsealing warrant"
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #757 on: August 11, 2022, 07:24:59 PM »

!!!

gurl you need to open your eyes because you are being delusional at this point
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #758 on: August 11, 2022, 07:26:37 PM »

Nuclear documents? Um, what?

What does that mean?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #759 on: August 11, 2022, 07:28:04 PM »

If true this is on par with inciting Jan. 6/trying to overturn the election as one of the worst things he's ever done.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #760 on: August 11, 2022, 07:28:45 PM »

!!!

No, you have to open your eyes. If Trump has no problem of unsealing the search warrant & the items they took the ball is back at Garland.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #761 on: August 11, 2022, 07:29:36 PM »

What I don't understand is what exactly did Trump expect to do with these documents.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #762 on: August 11, 2022, 07:31:36 PM »

!!!

No, you have to open your eyes. If Trump has no problem of unsealing the search warrant & the items they took the ball is back at Garland.

.... and? That doesn't mean that Trump still didn't commit a crime in concealing and withholding those *classified* documents at MAL.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #763 on: August 11, 2022, 07:31:40 PM »

Maybe what happened is they really were initially there by accident and then he didn't want to give them back because he thought he would be charged for having them and was gambling on them never being taken back by force.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #764 on: August 11, 2022, 07:32:05 PM »

Stealing nuclear docs could be considered treason, right?
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #765 on: August 11, 2022, 07:33:28 PM »

The absolute beauty of this lunatic lining up even the Larry Hogans of the world to criticize the FBI for a witch hunt only for it to turn out that he's STEALING NUCLEAR F***ING WEAPONS DOCUMENTS
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #766 on: August 11, 2022, 07:34:00 PM »

Maybe what happened is they really were initially there by accident and then he didn't want to give them back because he thought he would be charged for having them and was gambling on them never being taken back by force.

That is still very much a crime.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #767 on: August 11, 2022, 07:34:15 PM »

What I don't understand is what exactly did Trump expect to do with these documents.
This is why I don't buy this. Why would Trump want to help our advisaries? Doesn't make sense.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #768 on: August 11, 2022, 07:34:34 PM »

Kudos to Garland for offering the transparency Americans deserve for such a high-profile case.

If Trump isn't cooperative in unsealing the warrant, it will indeed be a very bad look for him. 

How will you feel if he objects? I'd be shocked if he doesn't object. I am just curious what his explanation will be.

I will feel that he is either being uncooperative for the sake of it or has something to hide.

God damn it dt. Here I was looking forward to posting something crowing about how Garland's announcement was totally going to shut you up and hear you respond being all.. reasonable and s***. How the hell am I supposed to gloat if you start acting all level-headed and even handed?? Stay in your lane, boy! Wink
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #769 on: August 11, 2022, 07:35:19 PM »

That is still very much a crime.

Oh agreed. Just musing on BRTD's question I guess lol
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #770 on: August 11, 2022, 07:35:35 PM »

Stealing nuclear docs could be considered treason, right?

It's certainly bumping right up against it, and I say that as someone who tries very hard to stick to the very narrow constitutional definition of treason when using that term. If he at any point provided these documents to a foreign power, it would cross that line into full-blown constitutional treason, in my view.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #771 on: August 11, 2022, 07:35:59 PM »

This is why I don't buy this. Why would Trump want to help our advisaries? Doesn't make sense.
As I said he could [bleep] a [bleep] on live tv and you would deny it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #772 on: August 11, 2022, 07:36:14 PM »

Kudos to Garland for offering the transparency Americans deserve for such a high-profile case.

If Trump isn't cooperative in unsealing the warrant, it will indeed be a very bad look for him. 

How will you feel if he objects? I'd be shocked if he doesn't object. I am just curious what his explanation will be.

I will feel that he is either being uncooperative for the sake of it or has something to hide.

God damn it dt. Here I was looking forward to posting something crowing about how Garland's announcement was totally going to shut you up and hear you respond being all.. reasonable and s***. How the hell am I supposed to gloat if you start acting all level-headed and even handed?? Stay in your lane, boy! Wink

DT and I have shown we can have our minds change , just not by certain posters though. You probably know who one of those posters is lol
Junior Chimp

« Reply #773 on: August 11, 2022, 07:36:19 PM »

Why would Trump purposefully steal Nuclear Documents? This is just a gambit by the WaPo/FBI/DoJ!!!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #774 on: August 11, 2022, 07:36:56 PM »

Because he's a bad man.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies