Florida gunman was known to frequent club (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:46:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Florida gunman was known to frequent club (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida gunman was known to frequent club  (Read 2793 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: June 13, 2016, 11:55:37 PM »

Two narratives are being pushed in this thread and I don't understand why it can't be both.

1. He was clearly radicalized by ISIS and/or other terrorist groups
2. He clearly had an obsession with LGBT, which, right now, seems to be related to some sort of suppressed feelings related to his sexuality and/or mental state.

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 12:17:03 AM »

Two narratives are being pushed in this thread and I don't understand why it can't be both.

1. He was clearly radicalized by ISIS and/or other terrorist groups
2. He clearly had an obsession with LGBT, which, right now, seems to be related to some sort of suppressed feelings related to his sexuality and/or mental state.

It looks like it was both, yeah. The second and his possible self-repression may have led to the first.

Honestly, I think the biggest issue is that every politically aware person is trying to push a certain agenda atm and it's causing necessary strife between Americans.

"It's a gun issue"
"It's a Radical Islam issue"
"It's  homophobia issue"

etc....

Personally, I believe Radical Islam has reared it's head again, but clearly it wasn't the only issue here. In fact, it's arguable that it's rarely the only issue, but it is in fact a massive problem that needs to be addressed.

Vapid Homophobia, clearly, also needs to be addressed, but the case of it that was present here was not the same type that is seen in most instances in this country. I also, personally don't think this is a gun issue.

But, no matter what my opinion or someone else's opinion is...I think it's time to step away and let the FBI do it's job. this shouldn't be a political football nor can we spin it to be.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 02:00:28 PM »

I think the problem where Islam is concerned...

In America Muslims are substantially more likely to support same sex marriage than Evangelical Christians.

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/11/03/chapter-4-social-and-political-attitudes/

Yes and that's why it's frustrating to see such cowardliness from the upper ranks of the faiths' bureaucracy. As always faith is being corrupted by the bastards at the top.

ding ding ding. we have a winner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies