GOP declares "War on the Disabled", Santorum to lead the charge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:51:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GOP declares "War on the Disabled", Santorum to lead the charge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP declares "War on the Disabled", Santorum to lead the charge  (Read 7502 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: December 05, 2012, 10:26:36 AM »

Those that say Rick Santorum is waging a War on the Disabled should be really ashamed of themselves.

Yes, let's not forget who's the real victim in this whole fight...
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »
« Edited: December 06, 2012, 09:06:43 AM by Gravis Marketing »

Those that say Rick Santorum is waging a War on the Disabled should be really ashamed of themselves.

Yes, let's not forget who's the real victim in this whole fight...

No, the real victims are the people you want to use as props to, yet again, launch a ridiculous attack on someone you dislike.

"Hateful" Rick Santorum actually just noted that the UN was "well intentioned." Doesn't sound too conspiratorial/hateful to me. That's more than can be said about most of the people here...

Ok, Phil, here's what I don't get. The politicians you choose as your favorites, like Berlusconi and Santorum, are known for being bullies who roll over their opponents. Take a lesson from people like krazen and Sam Spade–you need to own that this is your preference. If you talk about how great someone like Santorum or Berlusconi is, when they pull stunts like this, then you need to be triumphalist and not complain that people aren't being fair to the poor guy. Santorum pounds his adversaries into the dust, like in this case - he doesn't play the victim himself. People aren't going to have sympathy that his critics are "mean" to him after he torpedoed a treaty defending the rights of the disabled. He did this, you should take pride or call out people who disagree with him for being weak. Not many people have a second act like Santorum did - Rod Grams and Conrad Burns lost in the same election and they're footnotes to history. Santorum's out killing treaties in the Senate and running for President as not-Romney.

I already know your response to this, but I don't care--if you think jerks make the best elected officials, then recognize that jerks can't be victims. Harry Reid is a jerk who takes no prisoners, and there's not a soul who would be taken seriously for saying "stop being mean to Harry!"
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 12:47:53 PM »

Gail Collins takes Sen. Santorum to the woodshed for his victory over the disabled.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/opinion/collins-santorum-strikes-again.html?ref=gailcollins

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 12:58:56 PM »

Well Bob Dole is probably a Communist anyway using modern Tea Party definitions.....so I doubt his opinion is all that relevant.

It's kind of nuts, because people like Santorum and some of these other Republicans who switched their vote from yes to no served with Dole in the Senate. I hope they haven't forgotten how he happened to lose the use of his hand in the service to his country while they were going to battle against him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies