Gubernatorial Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:43:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gubernatorial Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gubernatorial Results Thread  (Read 8756 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
« on: November 08, 2006, 02:48:42 AM »

I do hope (I can't analyze since I don't know MN all that well) that Pawlenty maintains his small lead and is reelected. He's basically the last thing standing against the total demolition of the GOP in the Northeast/Upper Midwest, especially since Talent lost ...
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 03:28:45 AM »

I do hope (I can't analyze since I don't know MN all that well) that Pawlenty maintains his small lead and is reelected. He's basically the last thing standing against the total demolition of the GOP in the Northeast/Upper Midwest, especially since Talent lost ...

The GOP still controls state legislatures in Michigan, Ohio, and Missouri right?

... and the NY state senate Tongue

I'm inclined to argue that it doesn't really matter, as far as Congress goes, since when redistricting rolls around, the Democrat governors will have a veto over any GOP incumbent-protection district the state legislatures come up with.

Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 03:33:26 AM »

The GOP still controls state legislatures in Michigan, Ohio, and Missouri right?

... and the NY state senate Tongue

I'm inclined to argue that it doesn't really matter, as far as Congress goes, since when redistricting rolls around, the Democrat governors will have a veto over any GOP incumbent-protection district the state legislatures come up with.

Do governors elected in 2006 get to be involved in redistricting for 2010? Or does it go over to 2011? I can't tell because in 2000, the key year was obviously 1998.

Good question. I can't really answer it because the two states I'm most familiar with (TX, LA) have their districts drawn by court order
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 09:16:19 AM »

Congratulations, Gov. Pawlenty.

Holding the 2008 convention in MN may be the one smart thing the GOP has done in the past two years.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 01:22:41 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2006, 01:31:03 PM by Storebought »

Well, at least when the Republican convention comes in '08, they'll have 2 people to parade out on state (Norm Coleman and Tim Pawlenty).. but that'll be about it.

They'll also model newly-minted Rep Michele Bachman ...  then the MN GOP will be spent.

But that is actually the point. The GOP is dying in the Midwest (it is already defunct in New England and NY in practical terms); hosting the 2008 convention there is simple triage.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 01:39:39 PM »

I see Minnesota still isn't called, though Rhode Island finally was. Anyone hearing anything about this race? Are there provisional ballots or absentees still out there? It would appear Pawlenty is ahead by enough to be secure, but I would assume CNN and others have some reason for not making a call yet.

It doesn't matter: Hatch has conceded
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 10:05:46 PM »

Gubernatorial election county maps and data are now available for most states.

There are wrong numbers for the CO race:

Bill Ritter, Jr.     Barbara O'Brien     Democratic CO     7,697,230     56.24%
Bob Beauprez    Janet Rowland             CO Republican    5,608,470    40.98%

The final "0" should be truncated
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies