Is Atlas significantly less ideologically diverse than it was 10-15 years ago? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:56:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Atlas significantly less ideologically diverse than it was 10-15 years ago? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Atlas significantly less ideologically diverse than it was 10-15 years ago?  (Read 1795 times)
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« on: April 22, 2021, 12:56:48 PM »
« edited: April 22, 2021, 01:23:37 PM by Geoffrey Howe »

Looking at some old threads, it seems that there were far more right wing or libertarian figures than there are now. Perhaps this is because characters who spent a lot of time online back then are rather different from those now.

I wouldn’t say there is a lack of viewpoint diversity here, but certainly standard American left wing positions get the most applause and much is centred around a broadly large d Democratic perspective.
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 01:22:42 PM »

It is interesting to note the results of the Atlas mock-election results. In 2008 it seems John McCain won a landslide. Now, obviously, the Democrat wins a landslide. I doubt that is all attributable to ‘NeverTrumpers’.

Looking at some old threads, it seems that there were far more right wing or libertarian figures than there are now. Perhaps this is because characters who spent a lot of time online back then are rather different from those now.

I wouldn’t say there is a lack of viewpoint diversity here, but certainly standard American left wing positions get the most applause and much is centred around a broadly large d Democratic perspective.
In 2008 the link got posted somewhere (Free Republic?) and those users bombarded the site to vote in the mock election. Same thing happened in 2012 with some libertarian site, which is why Johnson won. Neither should be considered representative of where the forum was at the time.

Ah, thank you. I shall change my post.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies