GA- OpinionSavvy: Abrams +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:29:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  GA- OpinionSavvy: Abrams +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA- OpinionSavvy: Abrams +1  (Read 3482 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: October 30, 2018, 05:01:01 PM »

Agreed. At this point, I'm thinking that Georgia will go to a runoff, and that Abrams will lose that runoff. She is outperforming Hillary Clinton, which is not surprising, but is struggling to get that last 1-2% that she needs for an absolute majority. Georgia may not be ready for a Democratic Governor at this time, at least not for a few more years.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 06:59:06 PM »

Agreed. At this point, I'm thinking that Georgia will go to a runoff, and that Abrams will lose that runoff. She is outperforming Hillary Clinton, which is not surprising, but is struggling to get that last 1-2% that she needs for an absolute majority. Georgia may not be ready for a Democratic Governor at this time, at least not for a few more years.
Georgia is ready for a Democratic Governor. People in your party keep purging the voters who are ready off the rolls. Or cut early voting hours. Or close their polling locations. Or seem their ID’s not acceptable.

In my party? I was just making an observation about this race, and it's not an unreasonable one. The polls have remained relatively inflexible throughout the year, and a runoff election would be more difficult for Abrams to win, given turnout differentials. I understand that you are a partisan Democratic activist, and that you strongly support Abrams, but you let your partisanship get in over your head.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 09:26:55 PM »

Georgia is ready for a Democratic Governor. People in your party keep purging the voters who are ready off the rolls. Or cut early voting hours. Or close their polling locations. Or seem their ID’s not acceptable.

In my party? I was just making an observation about this race, and it's not an unreasonable one. The polls have remained relatively inflexible throughout the year, and a runoff election would be more difficult for Abrams to win, given turnout differentials. I understand that you are a partisan Democratic activist, and that you strongly support Abrams, but you let your partisanship get in over your head.
Republicans purge voters who are not friendly to their party. That has nothing to do with my partisanship. It is a well documented fact. Leave your head in the sand if you want to.

My initial post wasn't even about voter suppression. Have you not forgotten that I earlier expressed my support for a firm reinforcement of the Voting Rights Act? Apparently, you have. Your arrogance and your overconfidence does not help anyone. I would rather Abrams win over Kemp, but Georgia's political conditions mean that she very could not. Rather than acknowledging that point of my argument, you immediately launch into attacks against me! What is it with the blatant partisan hacks on this website?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 09:35:05 PM »

Moreover, I would say that RFKFan68's statements are further proof of the poisonous effects of political polarization in this country. Aiming for the destruction of an opposing political party is, in my belief, beyond the bounds of reason. And engaging in such blatant partisanship makes its more difficult for you to attract independents and swing voters to your side. Abrams will need those voters to win, and having advocates making such hardline comments makes it more difficult to get those individuals into your camp.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 12:03:15 AM »

Moreover, I would say that RFKFan68's statements are further proof of the poisonous effects of political polarization in this country. Aiming for the destruction of an opposing political party is, in my belief, beyond the bounds of reason. And engaging in such blatant partisanship makes its more difficult for you to attract independents and swing voters to your side. Abrams will need those voters to win, and having advocates making such hardline comments makes it more difficult to get those individuals into your camp.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of Georgia "independents" are the types who love to talk about civility and blame both sides for everything, yet when it matters, ultimately don the R avatar en masse. That sounds very familiar...

The people in this state who are up for grabs identify as "moderates", and historically are perfectly willing to back Democrats under most circumstances.

The reason why I adopted a Republican avatar was because of my exasperation with many of the posters on this forum. I decided to adopt a stance that would mark me off in clear contrast to them, and also because people on here have accused me of being a "fake moderate" or "not a true centrist".

As for Georgia, while I believe Abrams will lose, the demographic patterns do favor Democrats in the long run. By next decade, they will be far more competitive.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 08:53:35 AM »

Go clutch your pearls elsewhere, sock.

And go take your insults elsewhere.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 09:18:44 AM »

Go clutch your pearls elsewhere, sock.

And go take your insults elsewhere.
Cal, it would probably help your image on the forum if you didnt talk about poltical polarization and how its ruining the political climate in random threads. If posters assume you are a "fake moderate", and then you do this, it just kinda reinforces that image. You going from an indie to an R avatar has not helped this image.

Just my thoughts.

I understand what you are saying, but as you can see from Badger's insults, such a pivot would be very difficult to make. And given that virtually everyone who has given me trouble on this website is on the left side of the spectrum, I feel it necessary to underline my opposition towards them. Badger and RFKFan68 are just two of the many individuals who hold values and beliefs that are antiethical to my own.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies