Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:51:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement  (Read 4575 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2017, 03:43:19 PM »

It's funny how posters always criticize Labor after they are out of politics, but never when they need Labor in order to win elections.
Hmmm, I wonder why that is?

You would have been nothing without Labor
Oh, I see.

With all due respect Windjammer (and I truly do mean this in the most respectful way possible because I do think highly of you as a person), if your goal here is to try to get him to see why he should be thankful for Labor, or to get people to stop bashing Labor when they leave, this approach really isn't a very good way to go about it. It not only makes people more likely to continue bashing Labor, but it also doesn't offer any incentives for people to stay in the party, or even join it in the first place.
Oh don't worry, I'm not offended in the slightest and I do have too a high opinion of you Tongue.

Basically, this is something I noticed with every party, and not only Labor btw, it is as well the case for the feds and other parties in the past.
People in this game don't get elected in this game without the support of party machines. Parties, like Labor, made the political career of many people in the past, and as I party GOVT a lot in the past, I can assure you that in order to make elected members of a party it needs a lot of energy.

So yes, it is always frustrating to be treated like s*** after they don't need us anymore. This is so ingrateful. That was just my point, I have no hidden agenda or whatever, I haven't been playing at all for months now.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2017, 03:44:33 PM »

After having used the Labor machine, you like many others before behave like an ingrateful man. You would have been nothing without Labor and now that you're retiring you choose to suddenly start criticizing the party.

Lol. What could anyone have to be grateful to Labour about?
I, for one, have long since ceased to expect appreciation for the time and energy I put into the party. It used to be I would spend hours leading up to elections, and practically all of election weekend, vigorously recruiting, campaigning, and whipping votes — only to have people stab me in the back when they no longer needed my help. Oh well.

I don't know what the situation with R2D2 is, because I never received any PMs from him and had not heard these complaints before yesterday.  I definitely agree with him that caring too much about this stuff is neither healthy nor constructive, and wish him the best.
I share this sentiment. Although to be honest, this isn't only a labour problem. People are ingrateful.  R2D2 wasn't the first one, and he won't be the last.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2017, 08:32:29 PM »

I would like to issue an apology to the Labor Party for my strongly worded stab at them last night. The terms I used were unnecessary and did not reflect my true feelings--I still believe the general sentiment outlined in my statement, but I lashed out at the party after seeing yet another defeat in my home region in an important race. I did not mean to insult Windjammer or Harry S Truman or any others involved with the party, but I do believe there needs to be some soul-searching and rebuilding in order to avoid a one party state for several months to come.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies