Skeptical Climate Scientists Coming In From the Cold (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:54:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Skeptical Climate Scientists Coming In From the Cold (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Skeptical Climate Scientists Coming In From the Cold  (Read 1734 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 05, 2017, 06:06:22 AM »

Thanks to media hype and the general inability for most people to properly understand complicated science they are not particularly interested in, there is a commonly held misconception that ALL warming since the industrial revolution was caused by humans [...]
This is perhaps the most galling tactic of climate changing deniers.  It's akin to arguing that because not all lung cancer is caused by tobacco use, nothing should be done about cigarettes.

To be fair, sometimes those who accept the fact that anthropogenic warming is real and significant don't always take into account the economics of what should be done in response, but at this point to argue that we should do nothing to curb anthropogenic warming because the science is inconclusive is ridiculous and short-sighted.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:10:44 PM »

Thanks to media hype and the general inability for most people to properly understand complicated science they are not particularly interested in, there is a commonly held misconception that ALL warming since the industrial revolution was caused by humans [...]
This is perhaps the most galling tactic of climate changing deniers.  It's akin to arguing that because not all lung cancer is caused by tobacco use, nothing should be done about cigarettes.

To be fair, sometimes those who accept the fact that anthropogenic warming is real and significant don't always take into account the economics of what should be done in response, but at this point to argue that we should do nothing to curb anthropogenic warming because the science is inconclusive is ridiculous and short-sighted.
What seems to be the biggest feature of climate change science and the toxic "debate" surrounding it is people filling other peoples' mouths with words.

Where, pray tell, did I say nothing should be done to curb anthropogenic warming?

Put in place a carbon tax!  My carbon footprint is very small for an American.  The true believers that berate me for my "denialism" but brag about how many times they fly each year and where they go will pay for it... not me.

Where pray tell, did I say you specifically had said nothing should be done?  That said, if you're going to use the arguments of those who do explicitly say nothing should be done, you'd best make clear that you aren't in that camp on a regular basis.

Incidentally, I will be flying this year for the first time over thirty years, so I'm hardly a frequent flier.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies