Protestors Topple Confederate Monument in North Carolina
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:59:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Protestors Topple Confederate Monument in North Carolina
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Protestors Topple Confederate Monument in North Carolina  (Read 10567 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2017, 09:06:40 AM »

I'm sure that everyone who supports these statues due to "history" would be ok if Islamic groups or others erected statues to the 9/11 (or other terrorists), right? If you don't support it you're "trying to forget history"?

I'm sure if some Mosque put up a statue of Bin Laden just to "remember" him Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity would be as 100% fine with it as they are with the Confederate monuments.

I'm certain that, being students of history, they would enthusiastically support providing proper historical context to all of these states. Maybe a plaque with the Cornerstone Speech on it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornerstone_Speech

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2017, 04:32:10 PM »

No one is in a better position to identify things that are worse for black people than segregation than a white conservative.

Hey, they also like to change speeches to say that "the white liberal" was the one standing in the way of equality when it actually was "the white moderate".

Right, because the liberals were so much more eager to support abolition - oh wait, no they weren't. Blacks in the North were still treated horribly and deplorably prior to the Civil War.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »

No one is in a better position to identify things that are worse for black people than segregation than a white conservative.

Hey, they also like to change speeches to say that "the white liberal" was the one standing in the way of equality when it actually was "the white moderate".

Right, because the liberals were so much more eager to support abolition - oh wait, no they weren't. Blacks in the North were still treated horribly and deplorably prior to the Civil War.
I really don't know how to respond to this. Maybe because most abolitionists were white supremacists who wanted to ship freed slaves back to Africa?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »

A bunch of whiners at UNC now protesting monuments.  Get out and earn a living and get the hell off of my TV.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2017, 07:31:50 PM »

A bunch of whiners at UNC now protesting monuments.  Get out and earn a living and get the hell off of my TV.
They all do earn a living. George Soros pays them to protest.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2017, 07:52:55 AM »

Not sure if you're there yet but can't wait until we can say "stop complaining, get a job and get off your social security welfare check!". Roll Eyes
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2017, 07:54:54 AM »

A bunch of whiners at UNC now protesting monuments.  Get out and earn a living and get the hell off of my TV.

Not sure if you're there yet but can't wait until we can say "stop complaining, get a job and get off your social security welfare check!". Roll Eyes

Nope 10 years away, pal, and if you think I'm relying on SS to be there or to live on, you're insane.  And the only place you'll find me protesting is on a golf course when I f[inks[ up a 2 foot putt.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2017, 07:58:08 AM »

A bunch of whiners at UNC now protesting monuments.  Get out and earn a living and get the hell off of my TV.

Nope 10 years away, pal, and if you think I'm relying on SS to be there or to live on, you're insane.  And the only place you'll find me protesting is on a golf course when I f[inks[ up a 2 foot putt.

Cheating on scores too? Because that's all my boomer dad comes back and bitches about is all the other old bitches bitch about playing like crap and cheat their scorecards.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2017, 08:02:39 AM »

Cheating on scores too? Because that's all my boomer dad comes back and bitches about is all the other old bitches bitch about playing like crap and cheat their scorecards.

I don't need to cheat........I know I suck.  But thanks for asking.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2017, 08:03:40 AM »

Sounds more interesting than a bunch of dumb kids talking about how oppressive the inanimate stone figures are.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2017, 08:06:47 AM »

Sounds more interesting than a bunch of dumb kids talking about how oppressive the inanimate stone figures are.

Really it's just the mentally ill mindset of that age group, the true "me", selfish generation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies