The Majority Of Republicans Think Colleges Are Bad For The U.S., Poll Shows (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:55:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Majority Of Republicans Think Colleges Are Bad For The U.S., Poll Shows (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are colleges good for bad for the US?
Good (D/lean D)

Good (R/lean R)

Bad (D/lean D)

Bad (R/lean R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: The Majority Of Republicans Think Colleges Are Bad For The U.S., Poll Shows  (Read 9070 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 10, 2017, 02:18:50 PM »

So, according to Republicans, banks and churches = good; labor unions, media, and colleges = bad.
And they're right.

Since when have banks ever been good? I can understand people thinking that about churches (although I strongly disagree), but banks and other financial institutions are truly, truly awful. Republicans seem to be embracing the worst institutions in our country, the ones that deliver absolutely nothing positive to society, while hating on two of the ones that at least try to do good.
How are banks bad? Market economies need private institutions to facilitate the movement of capital.

If only the people in charge of them made sure it happened that way, instead keeping it to 'emselves.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 05:14:17 PM »

One could write a book to fully address this question. There are many ways in which they contribute positively and many ways in which they contribute negatively. I am not comfortable approaching it as a simple yes or no.

You're joking? You seriously think that the existence of American universities has an ambiguous effect on the US as a country?

That anyone would even consider that is one of the most moronic things I've heard. Jesus Christ.

Would you say that still if colleges suddenly started acting like Bob Jones or other Creditless Christian Schools or if University of Phoenix types became even more prominent than they already are?

Not hard to deny the current system is deeply, deeply flawed.

Doesn't mean the positive don't outweigh the negatives of course.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies