Fidel Castro's OLDER brother has passed away (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:26:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Fidel Castro's OLDER brother has passed away (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fidel Castro's OLDER brother has passed away  (Read 4116 times)
seb_pard
« on: February 26, 2016, 10:16:43 AM »

There are Commies on this forum who don't know anyone that's spent a minute on that opressive island.
I know a few, the last one was at a party in January, nice guy, he came to Chile a year ago to work (he returned to Cuba because his life was better and cheaper there). I asked about the Castros, and he said that he didn't like Raul too much, but he told me that is not bad there (except for the technology, which sucks). A friend of mine whose father is a general officer (in Chile those people are very right wing for obvious reasons) started talking crap about the castros and how they oppress cubans and the cuban economy, etc. The cuban guy got angry and they argued for a while (in friendly terms). Also, a friend of my brother is cuban born from a chilean father and cuban mother (he has a funny story actually, his grandfather is chinese and came to Cuba escaping from the communists) and he goes to cuba every summer.

The point is a lot of cubans like the Castros and how the things work in the country. Is a dictatorship, yes, but there are many other countries with worse governments which treat their people like garbage, and many of these countries are US allies. I have never understood the obsession of some people with Cuba when he see so many countries with worse  human right records.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies