Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:07:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78906 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: April 22, 2013, 12:03:43 AM »

I'm soooooo wired and I need to be awake early to hit the books once again. But that's fine if you don't like it. I'm shocked you think it's too rich considering your diet though! It's lighter then cream pies and meat and gravy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #801 on: April 22, 2013, 12:05:36 AM »

I'm soooooo wired and I need to be awake early to hit the books once again. But that's fine if you don't like it. I'm shocked you think it's too rich considering your diet though! It's lighter then cream pies and meat and gravy.

I may have a cup of something once every year or two, but really no more than that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #802 on: April 22, 2013, 12:06:54 AM »

And I suppose there is a ton of sugar in that iced tea?

Just one packet of Splenda or Sweet N Low per glass that is roughly 18 oz.

I am getting to where I can't do sweet iced tea.  That just tastes menacing.

Well caffeine is a diuretic, so you're losing some water just by drinking the tea.  Although that all depends on how much caffeine is in the tea.

Either way, if the tea is caffeinated, it doesn't really count as water consumption.

The tea my grandmother fixes is decaf.

Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure.  Her coffee is decaf, so I assume her tea is as well.  She doesn't like caffeine.  I'll have to look on the tea box for clarification.  I'll be over there tomorrow waiting for a new refrigerator to be delivered and installed.

Did you base your statement, "The tea my grandmother fixes is decaf" solely on the fact that she drinks decaf coffee?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #803 on: April 22, 2013, 12:06:54 AM »

It's disturbing enough to lie about everything, but it's almost even more disturbing to manage to get caught practically every time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #804 on: April 22, 2013, 12:08:51 AM »

He's making a dangerous assumption. He's probably wired right now and doesn't even know it. I want to go run a marathon. I hate when the Starbucks barista girls offer free shots and I'm dumb enough to say yes. I'm an idiot.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #805 on: April 22, 2013, 12:09:11 AM »

I am so strung out on caffeine right now it's miserable. Don't drink eye double shot expresso from Starbucks very often.

I don't drink anything from Starbucks at all.  Too rich, too expensive, too liberal, too caffeinated, the list goes on.

What do you mean by that? It's expensive yes (but they gave me a free drink with a free extra shot since I had a free birthday drink on my care!), but the others?

Too rich:  Way too rich for my taste buds.
Too caffeinated:  I don't want to be wired at all hours of the night.
Too liberal:  Their CEO said recently, "If you don't support gay marriage, we don't want your business." or something to that effect.  I think he said that in retaliation to Chick-fil-A's conservative stance, but still that is just silly to say things like that.

Wrong.  Check your facts: http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/starbucks.asp
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #806 on: April 22, 2013, 12:12:02 AM »

I am so strung out on caffeine right now it's miserable. Don't drink eye double shot expresso from Starbucks very often.

I don't drink anything from Starbucks at all.  Too rich, too expensive, too liberal, too caffeinated, the list goes on.

What do you mean by that? It's expensive yes (but they gave me a free drink with a free extra shot since I had a free birthday drink on my care!), but the others?

Too rich:  Way too rich for my taste buds.
Too caffeinated:  I don't want to be wired at all hours of the night.
Too liberal:  Their CEO said recently, "If you don't support gay marriage, we don't want your business." or something to that effect.  I think he said that in retaliation to Chick-fil-A's conservative stance, but still that is just silly to say things like that.

Wrong.  Check your facts: http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/starbucks.asp

I stand corrected.  I think I heard that from a conservative-biased source, so I freely admit I'm wrong.

And I suppose there is a ton of sugar in that iced tea?

Just one packet of Splenda or Sweet N Low per glass that is roughly 18 oz.

I am getting to where I can't do sweet iced tea.  That just tastes menacing.

Well caffeine is a diuretic, so you're losing some water just by drinking the tea.  Although that all depends on how much caffeine is in the tea.

Either way, if the tea is caffeinated, it doesn't really count as water consumption.

The tea my grandmother fixes is decaf.

Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure.  Her coffee is decaf, so I assume her tea is as well.  She doesn't like caffeine.  I'll have to look on the tea box for clarification.  I'll be over there tomorrow waiting for a new refrigerator to be delivered and installed.

Did you base your statement, "The tea my grandmother fixes is decaf" solely on the fact that she drinks decaf coffee?

No, I thought I heard her say one time that her tea was decaf.  I could be totally wrong.  I'll set the record straight this evening about 4:00.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #807 on: April 22, 2013, 12:14:51 AM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #808 on: April 22, 2013, 12:15:21 AM »

It's disturbing enough to lie about everything, but it's almost even more disturbing to manage to get caught practically every time.

Hey, if it turns out I'm wrong, I will say so later on tonight.  I have no qualms with that.  I'm not intentionally lying, I'm going off what I think I heard one time.  I'll check to be sure, though.  I'll admit I was wrong if I am wrong.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #809 on: April 22, 2013, 12:16:43 AM »

I'm not intentionally leading everybody astray here.  Like I said, I'll check the box this evening and I'll report back what I find.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #810 on: April 22, 2013, 12:17:54 AM »

Hey, if it turns out I'm wrong, I will say so later on tonight.  I have no qualms with that.  I'm not intentionally lying, I'm going off what I think I heard one time.  I'll check to be sure, though.  I'll admit I was wrong if I am wrong.

It's not about your iced tea.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #811 on: April 22, 2013, 12:18:23 AM »

Anyway, I have down to walk from 10:30-11:00 this morning.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #812 on: April 22, 2013, 12:19:37 AM »

If its about the Starbucks misinformation.  I've already admitted that I was wrong.  End of discussion.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #813 on: April 22, 2013, 12:22:00 AM »

I'm not intentionally leading everybody astray here.  Like I said, I'll check the box this evening and I'll report back what I find.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that it's not decaf.  Now, I won't say you lied about it, but I'm guessing you probably made another bad assumption.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #814 on: April 22, 2013, 12:22:19 AM »

It doesn't matter  I'm not going to boycott Starbucks if it stands for rich elitist liberals. I'm cool with that. They're a good company that treats their employees well and people in general.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #815 on: April 22, 2013, 12:22:40 AM »

What makes you think he's caught practically every time?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #816 on: April 22, 2013, 12:23:51 AM »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that it's not decaf.  Now, I won't say you lied about it, but I'm guessing you probably made another bad assumption.

It's probably not decaf, but we'll see.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #817 on: April 22, 2013, 12:24:34 AM »

If its about the Starbucks misinformation.  I've already admitted that I was wrong.  End of discussion.

I'm don't care about whatever garbage a conservative news source told you either.

I'm more interested in the lying about walking. I don't quite understand the motivation for lying yet again...and I understand even less how someone can manage to get caught.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #818 on: April 22, 2013, 12:26:02 AM »

Wait a minute.... like 10 minutes ago, you were confident it was decaf.  Now you're saying it's probably not?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #819 on: April 22, 2013, 12:26:15 AM »

It doesn't matter  I'm not going to boycott Starbucks if it stands for rich elitist liberals. I'm cool with that. They're a good company that treats their employees well and people in general.

I'm not going to boycott the company based off what someone said or didn't say.  The real reason is I like coffee and I like a good espresso, but its not something I crave, and the opinion that it is too rich and too caffeinated.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #820 on: April 22, 2013, 12:27:02 AM »

What makes you think he's caught practically every time?

What's left that he's told us that we actually believe? That he's morbidly obese, I guess, that I believe.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #821 on: April 22, 2013, 12:27:22 AM »

Wait a minute.... like 10 minutes ago, you were confident it was decaf.  Now you're saying it's probably not?

It could be either way.  I'm willing to admit I'm wrong tonight if I am.  Again, don't need to turn it into a page long discussion...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #822 on: April 22, 2013, 12:28:34 AM »

I'm truly not trying to turn this into a long discussion.  I'm just perplexed how it is that you've changed course so quickly from thinking it is decaf to thinking it's not.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #823 on: April 22, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »

I'm truly not trying to turn this into a long discussion.  I'm just perplexed how it is that you've changed course so quickly from thinking it is decaf to thinking it's not.

It's just a matter of not being absolutely sure.

Have you ever had one of those "Now that I think about it" moments where your mind drifts from certainty to uncertainty?  That's what this is, nothing more, nothing less.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #824 on: April 22, 2013, 12:30:34 AM »

Who buys decaf tea anyway? No chance it's decaf. Coffee, sure, that's a common decaf drink, but not tea. Bushie is wired right now. How else can you explain his energy at this hour? Wink
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies