Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:43:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78909 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: April 21, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »

Why are you waiting until Tuesday to start walking?

Be honest... did you ever actually start walking?  I think you lied.  I think you claimed you were walking, until I could prove that you weren't, and then you "stopped".  This is just like your diet.  You claimed you were losing weight, but then when we asked for proof, you started making excuses and eventually admit that you lied.

So, tell us, did you lie about walking?  Because it seems to fit the pattern of your usual lies.

I actually did walk a couple of the days.  I didn't walk for very long, but I did walk.  I will admit I did not walk as long as I said I did, but I did get outside and walk just a bit.  I took one lap around the 2 acres and called it a day.

So I was right... another lie.  Not only did you not walk a mile, but assuming two square acres side by side, you didn't even walk a quarter of a mile.

How can you claim you're ready to do God's work in Kenya when you're still compulsively lying about such insignificant things here in America?

Do you really think your lying will stop in Kenya?  I doubt it.  And at that point, you're putting not just yourself in jeopardy, but innocent orphans and the entire orphanage.  Who knows what kind of trouble your lies will get them in.  Jeff, you need help.  By not seeking the help you need and going to Kenya, you are being incredibly selfish.

Would you please stop harassing me and misconstruing my intent.  You are the one being selfish by going on a witch hunt for any kind of lie you can find and then calling me a horrible person because of it.

I'm not harassing you.  You said you walked a mile.  You actually only walked less than .25 miles.  So around 75% of what you said was a lie.  I merely pointed that out.  If you don't like it, you can stop posting in the Update thread.  Or you can stop lying.  The ball's in your court.  But I'm not going to stop pointing out when you lie.  Eventually somebody other than yourself will be hurt by your lies.  I think you're getting defensive because you know I'm right.  Why do you feel the urge to lie so much?

You've already admitted you're probably bi-polar.  You compulsively lie.  Nowhere did I mention your intent.  I'm not misconstruing anything.  But a bi-polar compulsive liar does need some form of psychiatric help.  The fact that you continue lying time after time proves that you cannot manage your condition(s) on your own.  And those with psychological/psychiatric conditions who cannot manage them on their own need to seek professional help.

I'm alright now, I was just worried about my grandmother this afternoon and that showed in my posting and the PM.  I'll be honest about this afternoon.  After church, I met Mom for lunch at Grandma's with my Aunt and by the time we got home, Dad was loading the last load of gravel in the wheelbarrow to dump it back on the driveway.  We were able to help him put things away, that's about it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #751 on: April 21, 2013, 08:32:36 PM »

God can use anybody He wants where He wants.  He doesn't need anybody, He chooses to use filthy, dirty, rotten people to carry out His work.  In this case, He is choosing to use a fat, white man from Harrah, Oklahoma, the son of parents who do not have much money.  He is using a man who falls flat on his face daily, if not hourly.  He is using a man who is as stubborn and hard headed as a box of rocks.  Most importantly, though, He is using a man who is choosing to be used by Him.

That's dodging the question though.  Is there a logical reason why the church you're with decided to help build churches in a country that's already mostly Christian, rather than do their missionary work in less Christian countries?  Why did they decide to do this in Kenya of all places?  Is the only reason "because God told them to", with there being no underlying logical reason beyond that?  Did they have some preexisting relationship with a church in Kenya or something?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #752 on: April 21, 2013, 08:44:24 PM »

I'm alright now, I was just worried about my grandmother this afternoon and that showed in my posting and the PM.  I'll be honest about this afternoon.  After church, I met Mom for lunch at Grandma's with my Aunt and by the time we got home,

You preach about family family family, yet you guys are driving your Granny to the brink of being physically ill with exhaustion due to the constant visiting by everyone, so you still don't cut the lady a break, even today?  How in the hell could everyone invade Granny's home for a month and not realize the poor lady can't handle it?  F[inks]ing ridiculous.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #753 on: April 21, 2013, 08:45:44 PM »

God can use anybody He wants where He wants.  He doesn't need anybody, He chooses to use filthy, dirty, rotten people to carry out His work.  In this case, He is choosing to use a fat, white man from Harrah, Oklahoma, the son of parents who do not have much money.  He is using a man who falls flat on his face daily, if not hourly.  He is using a man who is as stubborn and hard headed as a box of rocks.  Most importantly, though, He is using a man who is choosing to be used by Him.

That's dodging the question though.  Is there a logical reason why the church you're with decided to help build churches in a country that's already mostly Christian, rather than do their missionary work in less Christian countries?  Why did they decide to do this in Kenya of all places?  Is the only reason "because God told them to", with there being no underlying logical reason beyond that?  Did they have some preexisting relationship with a church in Kenya or something?

No, the church planting is not coming from a church in America.  What I'm going down there for is to work at the Maisha Orphanage and build churches on the side.  The church planting is what I feel God is telling me to do personally.  I've been to Kisumu, and there are not many churches.  Sure, it is a predominately Christian area, but there is no central place for them to gather for worship.  The Orphanage is my main reason and eventually expanding Maisha into the surrounding nations.  The church planting is a secondary, or even tertiary reason.  Church planting may be the wrong term.  Church building may be a better term.  That is another reason I am going for a CAD certificate this next school year in Architecture, so I can take it down there and develop the plans to build the buildings.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #754 on: April 21, 2013, 09:03:46 PM »

I feel sorry for your grandmother, but you have conveniently sidestepped the issue that you've been lying about exercising.  How do you expect to be able to help the orphanage if you can't even commit to walking a quarter of a mile a day?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #755 on: April 21, 2013, 09:15:48 PM »

I feel sorry for your grandmother, but you have conveniently sidestepped the issue that you've been lying about exercising.  How do you expect to be able to help the orphanage if you can't even commit to walking a quarter of a mile a day?

I don't have to address that.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #756 on: April 21, 2013, 09:23:16 PM »

Well you should.  This isn't some little mundane detail.  If you were in good shape or even quasi-average shape we wouldn't be questioning it.  However, you aren't.   I'm sure you really want to help those in Kenya, I don't doubt that for a second.  With that being said, how can you realistically help if you are unable to help yourself or handle even minimal physical activity?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #757 on: April 21, 2013, 09:31:44 PM »

Then why on earth does this thread exist?  Again, if you get a kick out of hearing yourself talk (or in this case, watching yourself type), start a blog or a podcast.

But if you're going to spout off lies on the forum, you can bet that I'm going to hold you accountable for them.

You're taking money from people to go over to Kenya to do "God's work", yet it's highly questionable, if not even highly unlikely that you cannot perform the tasks that you claim you will be doing.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #758 on: April 21, 2013, 09:33:21 PM »

Bushie, go take care of your grandma, be useful for once and stop wasting your time here, at least for a time being.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #759 on: April 21, 2013, 09:35:37 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2013, 09:38:16 PM by Even So, Come Lord Jesus! »

I feel sorry for your grandmother, but you have conveniently sidestepped the issue that you've been lying about exercising.  How do you expect to be able to help the orphanage if you can't even commit to walking a quarter of a mile a day?

Well you should.  This isn't some little mundane detail.  If you were in good shape or even quasi-average shape we wouldn't be questioning it.  However, you aren't.   I'm sure you really want to help those in Kenya, I don't doubt that for a second.  With that being said, how can you realistically help if you are unable to help yourself or handle even minimal physical activity?

Alright, I will address it and the lying.  I will also ask a favor and make a promise in return.

Right now, I couldn't handle the physical exertion, I will be the first to admit that.  However, starting tomorrow morning, I will take my phone with me that has the exercise app on it and I will walk for about 20-30 minutes.  It's going to be a nice day tomorrow, so I am going to take advantage of it and walk.  If I don't walk for whatever reason, I will come on to the forum and say I did not walk.  I'm not going to intentionally lie anymore.  That garbage is over.  I am just human, so things may slip my mind, but I'm going to do my best to control it.  If and when I do lie, by all means point it out, but don't be belligerent with it.  You might just give me an "Ahem" or "are you sure?" or "check that again" or "we talked about this" something subtle like that.  In case you haven't noticed, I don't take well to harsh criticism and I tend to lash out and make a mountain out of a mole hill.  I respond better to subtle, non-threatening hints.  The posts may not be intended to insult or to make me feel bad, but that's how they come across.  I'm human and I have feelings.  In return for this change of verbage and tone, I will promise again to do everything I can to cut out the lying.  You don't have to be all mushy and all soft about that, but in a gentler, but firm way let me know.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #760 on: April 21, 2013, 09:37:57 PM »

The problem is, often when we use friendly language, the lies continue.  It isn't until the harsh language comes out that you fully admit the real truth.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #761 on: April 21, 2013, 09:40:02 PM »

The problem is, often when we use friendly language, the lies continue.  It isn't until the harsh language comes out that you fully admit the real truth.

I just added on to the end of the post.  I'm not looking for mushy or soft language.  I'm looking for a gentler, but firm reminder.  I don't respond well to belligerence.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #762 on: April 21, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »

I just added on to the end of the post.  I'm not looking for mushy or soft language.  I'm looking for a gentler, but firm reminder.  I don't respond well to belligerence.

Yet you provoke belligerence by maintaining your attitude. Or it's just what you want?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #763 on: April 21, 2013, 09:44:48 PM »

Yet you provoke belligerence by maintaining your attitude. Or it's just what you want?

Like I said, when people are persistently belligerent, I tend to lash out or become defiant and that escalates things way beyond where it should have gone.  Part of the blame is on the belligerence, and part of the blame is that I haven't made any real, sustained effort to change.  It really does make a mountain out of a mole hill.  What should be settled in a post or two takes a page or two to settle.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #764 on: April 21, 2013, 09:47:28 PM »

Like I said, when people are persistently belligerent, I tend to lash out or become defiant and that escalates things way beyond where it should have gone.  Part of the blame is on the belligerence, and part of the blame is that I haven't made any real, sustained effort to change.  It really does make a mountain out of a mole hill.  What should be settled in a post or two takes a page or two to settle.

"Defiant"? Wow, just wow. You are defiant in your actions since I just remember. You defy every advice, suggestion, criticism, just take your pick.

You decided to continue this thread, so be prepared to face criticism. If you can't stomach, lock the thread.

You can at least take this little responsibility, can't you?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #765 on: April 21, 2013, 09:50:54 PM »

We are all aware that you are a delicate little flower Jeff or rather one of the most passive aggressive people on the internet.  Sort that out.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #766 on: April 21, 2013, 09:52:16 PM »

Wrong.  Don't blame this on other people.  We posted doubts about you actually walking pages ago, and you didn't actually fess up until I became "persistently belligerent".  Your last post is absolutely right.  If you simply 1) told the truth to begin with, it'd be settled in a post; 2) if you lied, and then posted saying, "You know what, that wasn't true", it'd be settled in two posts.  But when you continue to lie for days and days, it takes pages to unravel your web of deceit.  Don't try to push this on others... the ball is completely in your court.  If you're 100% honest, people will be more cordial to you.

This was the same thing when you were claiming you lost weight.  We were all asking if you were actually losing weight.  It wasn't until we asked for proof that you admitted that you had lied.

I hope that you'll be turning over a new leaf and truly being honest, but if my memory serves me correctly, you've typically claimed that you'll stop lying every time a new lie is uncovered by someone on the forum.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #767 on: April 21, 2013, 09:53:03 PM »

People tend, and not without a good reason, to have very little patience toward 30-years old "men" acting like 10-years old spoiled kids. Take it or leave it, buster.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #768 on: April 21, 2013, 10:00:04 PM »

I'm not going to lock the thread, there's no need in that at this point.

Kal is right, as long as I continue to post in this Update, I have to be prepared for harsh criticism.  As Torie said before he dropped off the thread, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."  So, drop that end of the bargain.  I will still keep my end of the bargain up so that harsh language doesn't have to be used.  I'm thinking as I am 1 week and 2 hours away from my 31st birthday, and as of current plans I have roughly three years remaining in Oklahoma and there are a lot of things I need to work on.  Lying is just the start of a laundry list of what I need to work on.  Another is growing a thicker skin.  I thought I had a thicker skin because of this thread, and I do to some degree, but its not near as developed as I thought I would.  I will still be candid what I feel God is leading me to do in Kenya and I will honestly say if I have not walked that day.  If I were to list off everything I need to work on, we'd be here forever and we'd be well into Season 7 before I'm done with the list...

This Update thread, is actually going to help me in a lot of ways.  First off, it's going to give me a place to vent, and in doing so it is going to give me a bunch of accountability partners.

I know it's hard to believe I am actually going to change, based on my previous actions, and I accept that, but just trust me in this one, but help me out as well!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #769 on: April 21, 2013, 10:03:19 PM »

This Update thread, is actually going to help me in a lot of ways.  First off, it's going to give me a place to vent, and in doing so it is going to give me a bunch of accountability partners.

People who point out your lies, only to have you change the subject and then never fix the problem aren't really accountability partners.  You're still morbidly obese, and you don't exercise.  Until those change, we're no more accountability partners than Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #770 on: April 21, 2013, 10:05:10 PM »

I feel sorry for your grandmother, but you have conveniently sidestepped the issue that you've been lying about exercising.  How do you expect to be able to help the orphanage if you can't even commit to walking a quarter of a mile a day?

Well you should.  This isn't some little mundane detail.  If you were in good shape or even quasi-average shape we wouldn't be questioning it.  However, you aren't.   I'm sure you really want to help those in Kenya, I don't doubt that for a second.  With that being said, how can you realistically help if you are unable to help yourself or handle even minimal physical activity?

Alright, I will address it and the lying.  I will also ask a favor and make a promise in return.

Right now, I couldn't handle the physical exertion, I will be the first to admit that.  However, starting tomorrow morning, I will take my phone with me that has the exercise app on it and I will walk for about 20-30 minutes.  It's going to be a nice day tomorrow, so I am going to take advantage of it and walk.  If I don't walk for whatever reason, I will come on to the forum and say I did not walk.  I'm not going to intentionally lie anymore.  That garbage is over.  I am just human, so things may slip my mind, but I'm going to do my best to control it.  If and when I do lie, by all means point it out, but don't be belligerent with it.  You might just give me an "Ahem" or "are you sure?" or "check that again" or "we talked about this" something subtle like that.  In case you haven't noticed, I don't take well to harsh criticism and I tend to lash out and make a mountain out of a mole hill.  I respond better to subtle, non-threatening hints.  The posts may not be intended to insult or to make me feel bad, but that's how they come across.  I'm human and I have feelings.  In return for this change of verbage and tone, I will promise again to do everything I can to cut out the lying.  You don't have to be all mushy and all soft about that, but in a gentler, but firm way let me know.

You have had these starts and stops with physical activity in the past.  Don't you think you should make sure you can handle very basic things (which you currently can't do) before making all of these Kenya plans??
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #771 on: April 21, 2013, 10:08:58 PM »

People who point out your lies, only to have you change the subject and then never fix the problem aren't really accountability partners.  You're still morbidly obese, and you don't exercise.  Until those change, we're no more accountability partners than Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are.

Very true.  That is why, expect a report from the app by the end of the day tomorrow.  If for whatever reason I get too lazy or "too busy" and don't walk, I'll be honest and say so.

Now, let me begin the honesty here.  This morning, I have lost two pounds since my peak yesterday morning.  Yesterday, I weighed in at 271.  This morning, 269.  Not a big change, not something to write home about, but just stating the facts.  If you want, I can start taking a picture of the scale with my phone and send it to you as a personal message on facebook.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #772 on: April 21, 2013, 10:14:31 PM »

No; I don't want that.  I simply expect you to be honest.  And I fully expect you to walk tomorrow.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #773 on: April 21, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »

Jeff, being accountable and truthful to the forum is really just good posting manners. I think the majority of the people who read your thread here just want to be helpful but your continued dishonesty pisses people off. But really, who gives a $hit? So Inks and me patrick1 are pissed off. Oh well.
The person who you really have to be accountable to and truthful with is yourself. If even a semblance of what you post here is true, then you have a lot of work to do on this. Walter is right and I have mentioned this to you in the past: you are all over the map in who you are and what you are doing. Make the commitment to yourself on what you will do. It is good to make these things rational and achievable. If you are stuck in a rut, no shame in asking for help. Just know it is you that has to bear the balance of the load and responsibility.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #774 on: April 21, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »

Well you should.  This isn't some little mundane detail.  If you were in good shape or even quasi-average shape we wouldn't be questioning it.  However, you aren't.   I'm sure you really want to help those in Kenya, I don't doubt that for a second.  With that being said, how can you realistically help if you are unable to help yourself or handle even minimal physical activity?

Alright, I will address it and the lying.  I will also ask a favor and make a promise in return.

Right now, I couldn't handle the physical exertion, I will be the first to admit that.  However, starting tomorrow morning, I will take my phone with me that has the exercise app on it and I will walk for about 20-30 minutes.  It's going to be a nice day tomorrow, so I am going to take advantage of it and walk.  If I don't walk for whatever reason, I will come on to the forum and say I did not walk.  I'm not going to intentionally lie anymore.  That garbage is over.  I am just human, so things may slip my mind, but I'm going to do my best to control it.  If and when I do lie, by all means point it out, but don't be belligerent with it.  You might just give me an "Ahem" or "are you sure?" or "check that again" or "we talked about this" something subtle like that.  In case you haven't noticed, I don't take well to harsh criticism and I tend to lash out and make a mountain out of a mole hill.  I respond better to subtle, non-threatening hints.  The posts may not be intended to insult or to make me feel bad, but that's how they come across.  I'm human and I have feelings.  In return for this change of verbage and tone, I will promise again to do everything I can to cut out the lying.  You don't have to be all mushy and all soft about that, but in a gentler, but firm way let me know.

You have had these starts and stops with physical activity in the past.  Don't you think you should make sure you can handle very basic things (which you currently can't do) before making all of these Kenya plans??

You're probably right.  I shouldn't make plans for Kenya, but I can set out goals to reach and work toward them.  How fruitful is healthier living going to be if there is nothing to work toward?  No motivation?  No incentive?

The thing I have to stress to myself is that I am only 31 (or technically 30 years 51 weeks).  I say I'm old so many times, but in reality I'm still young and I've got a long life ahead of me should I take the reins now and giddy up.  I don't want to be in the obituaries before my 40th birthday.  If I were to pass before age 40, I want it to be for a reason totally unrelated to my weight.  On the same token, by only being 31, it is not mandatory I go to Kenya in 2016.  If I have to for whatever reason, be it health or getting out of debt, or whatever I can push it back to 2017, 2020 or whenever I am ready.  I am not bound to 2016 by any means.  In fact, I am going to take back any mention of God definitely telling me a timeline.  When I said that, I should have said "I feel God is telling me to go at such and such date."  That way, I could still leave room for error with the words "I feel" at the beginning of such a bold claim.  In fact, I will go so far as to walk back a little of what I said clear back to Season 3 or 4 when Kenya was first mentioned.  I feel God is calling me to Kenya.  I'm nearly confident He has, but as has been pointed out, how can one be absolutely certain, especially given my obesity crisis and deceitful tongue.

Take a look at my new username.  31: A New Bushie.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies