Breaking: Sen. Al Franken accused of groping; this can’t end well (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:51:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Breaking: Sen. Al Franken accused of groping; this can’t end well (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breaking: Sen. Al Franken accused of groping; this can’t end well  (Read 3263 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: November 16, 2017, 11:03:41 AM »

These are two strange things to say back-to-back, LOL.

Anyway, it's scary to think of how many Senators are just quietly flying under the radar for this kind of behavior ... for now.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »

These are two strange things to say back-to-back, LOL.

Anyway, it's scary to think of how many Senators are just quietly flying under the radar for this kind of behavior ... for now.
The “Oh well” was meant to say it was a shame that such a good senator and potential Pres candidate was a gross creep.

Ah, gotcha.  FWIW, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, it just sounded odd. Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 12:00:43 PM »

I really liked Al Franken and was looking forward to his potential Presidential run in 2020. Unfortunately, he decided to sexually assault someone. I hope he resigns, especially if another revelation occurs.

Despite 2017 being an overall awful year, at least one good thing has been happening this year: Americans are being made aware of how common sexual abuse and assault are, that so many people in positions of power abuse their privileges to harm and exploit others, and all these popular/powerful people with such skeletons in their closet are having their true colors revealed by brave victims. We need to continue this and out every last perpetrator of sexual abuse/assault so that maybe we can finally do something about rape culture and victim shaming in this country.

Yep.  It's really easy to go from thinking, "I would never sexually assault someone" - which any normal person would think - and seeing a person you like get accused of such a thing and thinking, "he would never do that!" or at least be skeptical of the claims.  I think we're seeing that the truth of Hollywood and DC and areas of concentrated power is a lot closer to the horror stories than it is to how it's portrayed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies