How many elected politicians do you think have vastly different private views? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:48:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  How many elected politicians do you think have vastly different private views? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many elected politicians do you think have vastly different private views?  (Read 6948 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: January 25, 2015, 08:21:41 PM »

Probably a significant number, and more than we think:

Among Democrats:

There are probably a number of democrats who say they are pro-choice, but are actually pro-life. There are also probably some who have a greater desire to change parts of ObamaCare (either making it more liberal or more conservative) then they let on.
There are definitely a few who changed position on SSM due to "what my party/society wants me to think" or "I have to do this to get reelected." but still hold very/somewhat anti-ssm private views.

Among Republicans:

There are probably a number of SSM opponents who actually think "Well, maybe gay marriage wouldn't be so bad....", but don't dare say it.
There would also be those who believe in human-caused climate change more than they let on, and some of the 'immigration hardliners' probably only hold that position to get past Tea Party primary challengers, and don't hold it in private.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies