Day 167: Tanzania
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:49:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Day 167: Tanzania
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Day 167: Tanzania  (Read 819 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 09, 2006, 03:22:34 PM »

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/tz.html
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 06:42:33 PM »

Better government that they used to have, but still basically Another African One-Party State Ruled By The 'Revolutionary Party'.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 08:24:54 AM »

Probably one of the most multi-etnic countries in the world, but they have still managed to avoid to many splinter groups. Quite amazing. On the other hand do the country suffer from many years of incompetent governance, understaffed and underpaid civil servants, low educational level and constantly falling crop prises. All the typical African problems

(and to Straha and the rest of that bunch. No, they weren´t better of as a German/British colony)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 12:44:50 AM »

(and to Straha and the rest of that bunch. No, they weren´t better of as a German/British colony)

Yes they were Tongue

There's a book that came out this spring called White Man's Burden by William Easterly (formerly of the World Bank). Its all about how foreign aid to the Third World is a big waste of time and money. I haven't finished it yet so I don't know if he advocates modern imperialism or not (I hope he does).
Jens
Angola

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 08:02:20 AM »

Yes they were Tongue

There's a book that came out this spring called White Man's Burden by William Easterly (formerly of the World Bank). Its all about how foreign aid to the Third World is a big waste of time and money. I haven't finished it yet so I don't know if he advocates modern imperialism or not (I hope he does).
Funny that an american like you are so fond of imperialism. Would you prefer to be ruled by the British?

When it comes to modern days, you make one big mistake. There is no way that British, Dutch, French and Italian taxpayers would help fund a presence in Africa/Asia. The colonies beside from a few, never were that great a business and the few countries that hung on to larger parts of there, like Denmark and France has used large amount of money on their oversea possesions.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies