Obama Surge in California
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:04:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Obama Surge in California
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Surge in California  (Read 736 times)
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:22:12 PM »

Because this looks like a wierd tracking poll, I will abstain from entering it. But, it does have a huge shift for Obama appearing after SC.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/30/BAVUUO9E4.DTL

Scroll down after the police story.

Overall, Clinton leads Obama 36 - 31, with 12 for now departing Edwards, but only one day of the three comes after SC. That day, albeit with a small sample, has Obama up 35-32. One poll is, of course, hard to rely on, but this does show quite the surge.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:25:10 PM »

Good for Obama if true, but I don't see a source for who conducted the poll so there's not much way to tell if this is valid or not.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:27:18 PM »

Good for Obama if true, but I don't see a source for who conducted the poll so there's not much way to tell if this is valid or not.

I agree. The lack of a link to the data and firm is a bit disconcerning.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 02:33:46 PM »

I saw this story, but decided not to post it because I had no idea where the poll was coming from. The SF Chronicle did, after all, endorse Obama. Still, nothing precludes this being a credible poll poorly reported.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 03:15:12 PM »

Great if true.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 04:36:29 PM »

While its great news if true, its just too sketchy. I don't like how they say "about 25% each". If you're too lazy to put in the actual numbers, then maybe you should do more research before you publish it.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »

According to SUSA, Hillary beat Obama by 24% among those who already voted. That group amounts to around 23% of the voters surveyed. If those numbers remain the same, Obama will need to beat Hillary by  >5% on Election Day to win in CA.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 05:25:39 PM »

According to SUSA, Hillary beat Obama by 24% among those who already voted. That group amounts to around 23% of the voters surveyed. If those numbers remain the same, Obama will need to beat Hillary by  >5% on Election Day to win in CA.

Oh boy, I had forgotten about early voting.

Obama may be screwed if that's true.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 05:29:52 PM »

Oh boy, I had forgotten about early voting.

Obama may be screwed if that's true.
TPM:
With more than a fifth of the Feb. 5 delegates, California is Super Tuesday's richest prize. The state has long been a Clinton stronghold — so much so that her California campaign director already has predicted victory.

"We've got it," director Ace Smith said, noting that the campaign has already met or exceeded early voting targets that are considered a strong indicator of primary day performance. About half of the state's Democrats are expected to cast absentee ballots, and many began nearly a month ago, on Jan. 7.

California's done. If Obama wins cuts Clinton's winning margin to 5% or less, that'll help with delegates.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 06:59:29 PM »

This poll was conducted for some unmentioned anti-Indian gaming organization, or at least that's what the article says.

Toss it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies