My generation is f**ked (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:23:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  My generation is f**ked (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My generation is f**ked  (Read 5261 times)
Rooney
United States

« on: February 28, 2012, 07:10:56 PM »

Fear not, young man. This is how it has always been. I attended an educational forum last Summer where the lecturer (who was really good at his job) laid out a history of American education going back to the days of Increase Mather. He showed my fellow educators how in every generation someone writes a book or something that is pretty much called, "The next generation is a bunch of idiots and we are all screwed." Well, we are all probably screwed but I do not blame the kids I teach. I simply say that every generation complains about the youth and says that they are "idiots." The kids in you class will eventually go to college, get a job and the whole rotten show will start all over again.

Also do not take journalism classes. The boys in those classes are assholes and the girls are all whores. That is why American journalism is what it is today.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:57:41 PM »

I somehow doubt you mean that literally, as there is nothing negative about this honorable profession.  Perhaps you mean something else.. some other related malign of the gender.  In any case your crude statement tells us much more about you than about the ladies in question.  And it is not to your credit, I might add.

You sell me short and cut me the core, friend. Prostititution is not just the oldest profession but one of the most honest!

First, I do mean literally that many journalism students I knew in college indeed sold themselves for cash. Do you think I would have used that term in jest? I found their industrious use of their skills to be a credit to themselves.

Additionally, I would have no problem with the fact that they acted in such a way if that was their chosen field. If they majored in the prostitution arts I would applaud their prowess. However, rather than follow what they were good at and could profit from they entered the career path of journalism. My issue is not with their gender, narrow minded man, but instead with the fact that they did not follow the path that would have allowed them to make the most money and to help the most people. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies