SB 107-03: Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Full Repeal Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:25:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 107-03: Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Full Repeal Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Author Topic: SB 107-03: Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Full Repeal Act (Passed)  (Read 9012 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2022, 06:22:17 AM »

Nay
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2022, 06:27:24 AM »

nay
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2022, 09:11:53 AM »

Aye
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2022, 10:55:19 AM »

Aye
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2022, 01:12:51 PM »

Aye
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2022, 01:19:36 PM »

Nay
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2022, 01:20:22 PM »

S019 why do you always motion to table bills you don’t like instead of just voting them down? Waste of time.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2022, 02:12:04 PM »

AYE, 'cause I'm sick of this getting reintroduced and failing every damn session
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2022, 03:16:41 PM »

I vote aye.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2022, 03:29:44 PM »

a.) Car accidents are inevitible unless you want to ban cars

Gun murders are inevitable unless you want to go door to door rounding up 350 million guns. How can you so coldly ignore the almost 100,000 Atlasians dying every year? That does not comport with your "logic".

b.) Alcohol related deaths are inherently the fault of the drinker, not the fault of someone else, so unless you are suggesting that those who die of gun violence are somehow responsible for their death, I don't see how a comparison works.

Drunk drivers kill other people. Alcoholism is a disease. 80% of gun deaths are 1. Suicide 2. Gangs 3. Law enforcement caused. That means 80% of gun deaths do bear some resposibility. If anything the comparison makes your "logic" seem more illogical.

c.) Same thing from b.) applies to swimming pools.

So if a baby drowns in a pool its the baby's fault? Impecable "logic".

d.) Similar logic to b.); people can choose to get vaccinated against the flu (and yes, I do support mandating the COVID19 vaccine but that's not what's being debated and addressed here and in this bill, so not sure how relevant it is right now)

Unvaccinated flu spreaders kill lots of olds. Again the idea that only guns and literally nothing else have externalities that statistically result in the deaths of others is not rooted in fact or "logic".

e.) It isn't a criminal registry, so let's make that very clear to begin with. It's just a way to track all guns, and it wouldn't be publicly accessible, hypothetically.

And when I dont register my guns am I a criminal?

f.) Sorry you feel that way. Luckily, you don't unilateraly decide who gets impeached and the overall Senate isn't as reactionary as you are (as your username is a clear indicator).

Id rather be a reactionary that someone tyrannically supporting the imprisonment of 20 million atlasians to "save" maybe 400 all while violating my oath of office to protect the Atlasian Constitution. If you really cared about Atlasians dying youd target the myriad of activities that kill many, many times more people than skerry boombooms. You just want to ban guns because you dislike them, not because you have some "logical" principle on protecting human life. Why is the life of a shooting victim worth more than the life of someone killed by another driver? Oh, because you personally use cars but dont use guns. Screw the 38,000 car accident victims and screw the 20 million assault weapon owners.

Since you have made clearly unintelligent and illogical statements, and will not be moved to oppose the repeal, I'm not going to further engage with you (other senators have privately adivsed me to do this as well).
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2022, 03:35:54 PM »

Nay to tabling.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2022, 03:46:22 PM »

a.) Car accidents are inevitible unless you want to ban cars

Gun murders are inevitable unless you want to go door to door rounding up 350 million guns. How can you so coldly ignore the almost 100,000 Atlasians dying every year? That does not comport with your "logic".

b.) Alcohol related deaths are inherently the fault of the drinker, not the fault of someone else, so unless you are suggesting that those who die of gun violence are somehow responsible for their death, I don't see how a comparison works.

Drunk drivers kill other people. Alcoholism is a disease. 80% of gun deaths are 1. Suicide 2. Gangs 3. Law enforcement caused. That means 80% of gun deaths do bear some resposibility. If anything the comparison makes your "logic" seem more illogical.

c.) Same thing from b.) applies to swimming pools.

So if a baby drowns in a pool its the baby's fault? Impecable "logic".

d.) Similar logic to b.); people can choose to get vaccinated against the flu (and yes, I do support mandating the COVID19 vaccine but that's not what's being debated and addressed here and in this bill, so not sure how relevant it is right now)

Unvaccinated flu spreaders kill lots of olds. Again the idea that only guns and literally nothing else have externalities that statistically result in the deaths of others is not rooted in fact or "logic".

e.) It isn't a criminal registry, so let's make that very clear to begin with. It's just a way to track all guns, and it wouldn't be publicly accessible, hypothetically.

And when I dont register my guns am I a criminal?

f.) Sorry you feel that way. Luckily, you don't unilateraly decide who gets impeached and the overall Senate isn't as reactionary as you are (as your username is a clear indicator).

Id rather be a reactionary that someone tyrannically supporting the imprisonment of 20 million atlasians to "save" maybe 400 all while violating my oath of office to protect the Atlasian Constitution. If you really cared about Atlasians dying youd target the myriad of activities that kill many, many times more people than skerry boombooms. You just want to ban guns because you dislike them, not because you have some "logical" principle on protecting human life. Why is the life of a shooting victim worth more than the life of someone killed by another driver? Oh, because you personally use cars but dont use guns. Screw the 38,000 car accident victims and screw the 20 million assault weapon owners.

Since you have made clearly unintelligent and illogical statements, and will not be moved to oppose the repeal, I'm not going to further engage with you (other senators have privately adivsed me to do this as well).

You literally just did in the middle of a vote.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2022, 05:28:54 PM »

Nay
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2022, 06:25:13 PM »

S019 why do you always motion to table bills you don’t like instead of just voting them down? Waste of time.

Filibuster tactic
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2022, 03:58:14 PM »

Speaking of delaying tactics, here's something just for funsies. Proposing an amendment:

AN ACT
To repeal the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act in its entirety.

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled

Section 1. Title

1. This act may be cited as the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Full Repeal Act.

Section 2. Definitions

2. All sections of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act are hereby repealed in their entirety, effective immediately.

Section 3. Commending an Atlasian Public Servant
3. PPT Western Democrat is hereby commended for doing a spiffing good job.

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2022, 04:01:10 PM »

Speaking of delaying tactics, here's something just for funsies. Proposing an amendment:

AN ACT
To repeal the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act in its entirety.

Section 1. Title

1. This act may be cited as the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Full Repeal Act.

Section 2. Definitions

2. All sections of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act are hereby repealed in their entirety, effective immediately.

Invoking Article 3, Section 1 here and declaring this frivolous. Sorry, OBD.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2022, 04:11:49 PM »

Nay
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2022, 04:20:43 PM »

AN ACT

Section 1. Title

Section 2. Definitions

bruh
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2022, 04:52:00 PM »

AN ACT

Section 1. Title

Section 2. Definitions

bruh

You can motion to override that declaration, you know:

The President Pro Tempore may remove amendments from consideration that are functionally impractical, frivolous, directly unconstitutional, or lack clear intent regarding the changes to be made. The amendment sponsor shall have 24 hours to object to the decision and may overturn the action with the concurrence of 1/3rd of his fellow Senators.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2022, 05:22:21 PM »

These rules are not meant to be used as filibuster tactics. If a minority of senators wants to follow Wulfric's encouragement to abuse the Senate rules, they can be changed very easily.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2022, 05:25:40 PM »

These rules are not meant to be abused as filibuster tactics. If a minority of senators wants to follow Wulfric's encouragement to abuse the rules, they can be changed very easily.

Well if you guys would drop this heartless repeal, we would never have to consider these "tactics" to begin with.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2022, 05:28:50 PM »

These rules are not meant to be abused as filibuster tactics. If a minority of senators wants to follow Wulfric's encouragement to abuse the rules, they can be changed very easily.

Well if you guys would drop this heartless repeal, we would never have to consider these "tactics" to begin with.
You thinking that all non-Christians and LGBT people will be sent to hell could also be considered heartless but you aren't dropping that so it is very hypocritical for you to call this heartless when a lot of your beliefs are heartless.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2022, 05:31:33 PM »

Yeah, not how it works. I would never support a filibuster in Atlasia under any circumstances. But if people like you want to ruin the game, I guess I don't have a vote in this chamber anymore.

Let me make this perfectly clear: I will never support anyone for office who supports introducing the filibuster or abusing the rules in such a way. I don't care if it's this bill or any other. I don't care what party you are in, either.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2022, 05:39:29 PM »

Hilarious S019 accused me of trying to avoid discussion and real democracy by pushing for a vote like one time and his dumbass is grandstanding this entire fking thing. True hypocrisy. Labor can do better than an establishment neoliberal stuck in the 1990s.

Nay on Tabling
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2022, 05:49:55 PM »

Hilarious S019 accused me of trying to avoid discussion and real democracy by pushing for a vote like one time and his dumbass is grandstanding this entire fking thing. True hypocrisy. Labor can do better than an establishment neoliberal stuck in the 1990s.

Nay on Tabling

You are aware that literally every country accepted "neoliberalism" in the 1980s and 1990s as a response to stagflation, this response is not the clever own you think it is. In fact, it just makes you come off as someone who has literally no idea what you're talking about. Also mind you, this is like the third time we are discussing this nonsense, so it's not like this issue shouldn't be dead and buried, but of course, people like you will refuse to give up their obsession with giving people the "freedom" to be able to kill others. Make no mistake, if this passes, you and everyone else who voted for it, will have blood on their hands. History will remember you as cowards who cowed to the gun industry and enabled the return of the uniquely American scourge of gun violence.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies