Can the GOP win back surbubia? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:23:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Can the GOP win back surbubia? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can the GOP win back surbubia?  (Read 7770 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: November 04, 2011, 02:03:18 AM »

First off, the GOP remains strong in many suburbs. And not just the Sun Belt/South.  Suburban Cincy, Milwaukee, and to a lesser extent the Twin Cities remain strongly GOP. It's on the coasts where suburbs have left the GOP. And that's demographic change.  

Yep.  Suburban Philly too.   

Chester and Bucks- yes.  Montgomery will be a long road for the GOP.  Delaware looks only somewhat promising.  If any suburban county is lost for Obama in 2012, Bucks will be the 1st followed by Chester.  Montgomery is sooo Dem, that it will take a landslide for even Romney to win.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »

When the Moral Majority crumbles and the GOP becomes more Romneyesque, yes.

How would Democrats counter? Would we go for the South again?

If I were to guess the Democrats would revert back to being the anti-elitist party and start portraying the Republicans as the party of grey poupon.

I love that 80s commerical.  "Pardon me.  Would you pass the Grey Poupon....   But of course."  Funny how in 80s sitcoms Republicans were perceived as "the Prep school kid from Connecticut."  Now CT is one of the most Democratic states in the nation.  I think the Democrats can still go with more populist policies and win some older, inner suburbs.  Philly area I'm thinking Jenkintown, Conshochocken, etc.  GOP was still winning some of the more exurban/rural parts of Montco and Bucks even up till 2004. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies