Atlasian Public Acts - Publication of the Game Engine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:14:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Public Acts - Publication of the Game Engine (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Atlasian Public Acts - Publication of the Game Engine  (Read 11959 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2023, 07:06:47 PM »

Confirming unanimous vote.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2023, 12:37:06 AM »

A Public Statement from NewYorkExpress

The GM Team does not condone anyone who tries to push us into writing a specific story or scenario. While we do take requests, we are not obligated to follow up on them if they are not realistic, would break the game, or would violate the terms of service of this forum.

A certain elected individual, who shall remain nameless, is attempting to dictate to us what to write. This is inappropriate, and may violate Atlasian law.

We will not be bullied. We will remain independent arbiters of canon within the bounds of the game.

NewYorkExpress
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2023, 05:12:38 PM »

Is this really what would have happened? Some of these stories stretch my suspension of disblief.
Same here. It's totally unrealistic and the foundations were not laid well at all. But the mods have spoken
Regardless of the personal beliefs of the GM team it would be unrealistic for people to vote against such a large stipend, snowmobiles, and housing. Whether current and future developments will cause a change in viewpoints will be seen.

You think it’s completely unrealistic for people to vote against becoming part of a completely separate country they have no cultural connection to and don’t even use the operative language of, simply because they are being offered snowmobiles?

It’s actually comical. This GM team’s idea of ‘realism’ is to unilaterally declare that Ukrainians are Nazis and Greenlanders are dying to be colonized by Atlasia. One year ago, a proposed deal involving Taiwan was considered so unrealistic that we created emergency powers to reverse those edicts (powers which, since then, have already been flagrantly abused for the sake of convenience). But we’re supposed to be okay with this?

For years, this game had Game Moderators who went to great lengths to ensure foreign policy in this game was a realistic, playable simulation. I don’t know why the current team insists on repeatedly spitting in the face of their legacy.

I seem to recall, that when I was on the GM Team writing the Ukrainan Army was ignoring those orders, and implying that Russia was doing just as bad.

And for the record, the Greenland debacle is why I left the GM Team. That was a bridge too far, and YT's badgering pushed me over the edge.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2023, 06:33:43 PM »

Is this really what would have happened? Some of these stories stretch my suspension of disblief.
Same here. It's totally unrealistic and the foundations were not laid well at all. But the mods have spoken
Regardless of the personal beliefs of the GM team it would be unrealistic for people to vote against such a large stipend, snowmobiles, and housing. Whether current and future developments will cause a change in viewpoints will be seen.

You think it’s completely unrealistic for people to vote against becoming part of a completely separate country they have no cultural connection to and don’t even use the operative language of, simply because they are being offered snowmobiles?

It’s actually comical. This GM team’s idea of ‘realism’ is to unilaterally declare that Ukrainians are Nazis and Greenlanders are dying to be colonized by Atlasia. One year ago, a proposed deal involving Taiwan was considered so unrealistic that we created emergency powers to reverse those edicts (powers which, since then, have already been flagrantly abused for the sake of convenience). But we’re supposed to be okay with this?

For years, this game had Game Moderators who went to great lengths to ensure foreign policy in this game was a realistic, playable simulation. I don’t know why the current team insists on repeatedly spitting in the face of their legacy.
Sometimes, people do have different ideas of what is and isn’t realistic. The South did offer every material thing that Greenlanders are seeking according to many polls. Whether that alone is enough id it’s own debate, we chose one side but understand your skepticism. I will say…if something seems off and weird though…maybe there is a deeper reason for it as well.

Stay tuned.

Well, you see, it isn't realistic for anything to happen unless it's the South being completely razed to the ground through the divine will of God, with every man, woman, and child being killed and every conservative in the country, meanwhile, spontaneously bursting into flames.

Remind me never to vote for you again.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2023, 06:35:05 PM »

Wow y’all really should have let me mercy kill the game lol

What you (and Labor) were doing with the Kansas Crisis was definitely not a mercy killing.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2023, 09:13:53 PM »

As a former GM Team member, I can say that I would have gladly supported these changes to procedure.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2023, 07:27:59 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2023, 02:04:21 AM by Lincoln General Court Member NewYorkExpress »

As I'm sure everyone is aware, there has been ongoing negotiations between the South and Greenland dating back to my tenure as part of the GM Team. The reason I left the GM Team, was because of Southern President (then Governor) Young Texan's obnoxious and belligerent attitude that caused a severe drop in my morale that left me unable to continue as a member of the team.

In the interests of full disclosure, I am posting all DM's between myself and YT on the Greenland issue.

YoungTexan — 02/06/2023 4:34 PM
Lemme know if you need the copy
I think forumlurker shared
But just lmk if you have any questions or information you’d like
NewYorkExpress — 02/06/2023 4:35 PM
Please send it to both myself and Weatherboy forthwith.
YoungTexan — 02/06/2023 4:35 PM
Yes!
Okay
Lemme ask you
If it’s not the South, despite us footing funds and giving them special southern trust funds
Would Greenland back out of the deal
NewYorkExpress — 02/08/2023 11:45 AM
Can't talk right now.
YoungTexan — 02/08/2023 11:46 AM
When you can.
NewYorkExpress — 02/08/2023 12:06 PM
I think your answer will be in the next GM update.
YoungTexan — 02/08/2023 12:07 PM
When are y’all releasing it then lol
NewYorkExpress — 02/08/2023 12:07 PM
Soon.

As I understand, the current GM Team will be releasing a formal statement some time tomorrow, in the interest of full transparency. Any DM's of mine released in that statement have been released with my express permission.

NewYorkExpress
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2023, 11:23:39 PM »

“Southern administration officials defended the changes. "We’ve stressed that any reforms are made in light of changing circumstances in the Southern Nation, with the goal of boosting governance," said a spokesman for the YT/Saint administration. "We need to fully and accurately implement the intent of our Constitution. What happened last year, with citizens joining in the assault on us, could not be prevented by our existing system," an apparent reference to Southern NKT members implicated in Operation Downfall, "so we must adopt suitable measures to prevent further destruction." He added that "there are multiple channels for Southern patriots to engage with their lawfully elected government."”

I don’t have a spokesperson, I don’t authorize people speaking on my behalf when you can literally just message me my opinion.

Not a credible GM.

I'm going to add to my former colleagues's statement by pointing out that despite my displeasure with your behavior over the past months, I never would have left the team if I didn't have trust in Cao to do a competent job.

Throwing insults the way you are is no way to treat the GM Team.

NewYorkExpress.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2023, 10:58:42 PM »

Umm...Can I get a retraction on these stories? I'm not a Senator anymore, I'm now a member of the Lincoln General Court.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2023, 09:31:55 PM »

Question for the GM Team.

Does anyone in Hawaii want the monarchy restored? We have a bill on the floor in the Senate that would do that, so some sort of statement about the opinion of the population of Hawaii on this legislation would be appreciated.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies