Stormy Daniels and the 2016 Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:58:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Stormy Daniels and the 2016 Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would the Stormy Daniels story, if released before the election, have cost Trump the election?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Stormy Daniels and the 2016 Election  (Read 75 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2024, 10:14:27 PM »

It seems like a relevant time to ask this question since the assumption that this would harm Trump cost $130,000 and might yield worse consequences for Trump (if we're so fortunate).

I personally say no. If he could get away with the Access Hollywood this wouldn't have affected much if all else remained the same. So, to me, this was all for nothing.

On the other hand, maybe if Comeygate never happened and this was the most widely discussed story going into November, maybe it could have swung the big three a percentage or two to Clinton.

What do you all think?
Duke of York

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 02:42:33 PM »

It seems like a relevant time to ask this question since the assumption that this would harm Trump cost $130,000 and might yield worse consequences for Trump (if we're so fortunate).

I personally say no. If he could get away with the Access Hollywood this wouldn't have affected much if all else remained the same. So, to me, this was all for nothing.

On the other hand, maybe if Comeygate never happened and this was the most widely discussed story going into November, maybe it could have swung the big three a percentage or two to Clinton.

What do you all think?

If Comey had kept his mouth shut Clinton would have won.
paxamericana
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: 5.30

P

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 07:36:49 PM »

The access Holywood tape was far worse... and he still won. I don't think it would have made that big of a difference.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies