Blackwater

<< < (4/4)

Person Man:
The Hessians needed hugs. :)

Gee...unreliable and kinda spooky. What next?

Angel of Death:
No new thread about this yet? The Iraqi government wants to kick Blackwater out of the country now. I'd say that's pretty big news, no? Not often that Iraqi sovereignty is being asserted vis-à-vis the Americans.

MODU:

From what I've been able to read so far, the convoy was attacked and they retaliated, resulting in civilian deaths.  If this turns out not to be the case, then by all means, they should lose their contract and be sent home.  I think everyone here is waiting for the investigation to begin to gleem some facts out of the case.

What I find interesting though is that 8 civilian deaths is enough to cause the ministers to call for Blackwaters expulsion, but hundreds of deaths by the Mahdi Army hasn't resulted in the ministers calling their their expulsion. 

nlm:
Quote from: MODU on September 18, 2007, 11:40:38 AM

What I find interesting though is that 8 civilian deaths is enough to cause the ministers to call for Blackwaters expulsion, but hundreds of deaths by the Mahdi Army hasn't resulted in the ministers calling their their expulsion. 

In fairness - the complaints against Blackwater go well beyond this. But you do raise a good point about the private armies that many Iraqi members of parliament have. And that takes me back to why I keep calling the estabishment of a centralized American style democracy in Iraq a pipe dream that we are wasting blood and treasure on.

tik 🪀✨:
Damn it. I thought this thread would be about the Doobie Brothers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page