Neil Gorsuch Confirmation Process Discussion (confirmed 54-45) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:23:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Neil Gorsuch Confirmation Process Discussion (confirmed 54-45) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Neil Gorsuch Confirmation Process Discussion (confirmed 54-45)  (Read 56727 times)
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« on: March 18, 2017, 03:23:28 PM »

I cannot believe we're actually going to give him the time of day. There should be precisely zero Democrats at these hearings and zero Democratic votes in favor of him. Never thought I'd support the #WeWillReplaceYou movement, but it's time to start purging pro-Trump Democrats.

As shown with some of the cabinet nominations, Democrats not showing up to committee proceedings doesn't stop the proceedings from happening. At least if they show up they can make their argument and it's (theoretically) possible to turn republicans against Gorsuch. If they simply abandon the proceedings, that's effectively surrendering. Plus, it might make sense for them to vote to approve this nominee, so the filibuster stays around to be used against a replacement for Ginsburg or Kennedy in a year or two.

To be promptly gutted. The democrats need to stand up now, as there's no way the republicans will let a Kennedy or Ginsberg replacement be stopped because of the seat's importance.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 09:19:21 AM »

Well, I was absent some weeks because I was tired of all this hatin' (from the Left towards Trump/GOP) going on. Makes rational discussions and arguments nearly impossible.

Yesterday I watch the whole Judiciary Committee day 1 Hearing because I'm strongly interested and fascinated by your whole political system and the process.

I thought that all Dem Senators tried their best to voice their (or their base) opinion but to stay on fairness and on topic. Some were very good at it (Feinstein, Leahy, Coons e.g.) some were a bit shaky (Blumenthal, Whitehouse e.g.)

Nevertheless, even with a bias on my words, I's very amused about the reality denial and lack of history by the Dems.

The single best moment, embarrassing and funny altogether, was when Senator Whitehouse said that "Republicans want to conquer the judicial branch" - LMAO, you don't? Who started "borking"?! Who humiliated Miguel Estrada because of pure political and racial (!) reasons?! Who held up Bush appointees for his first term because you couldn't handle the election result?!

The GOP actually never played as unfair as the Dems, before Merrick Garland they always caved and wanted to be fair. Hopefully they are awaken and are ready to take the fight for your Country, you the people towards the Gates of Hell.

Never forget that overwhelming majorities backed same-sex-marriage-amendments in every state and that liberal active judges showed their disrespect for Democracy.

Never every let the Left ruin the will of the people again. Conservative ideas always are more popular than liberal ideas, only the Courts can stop them. It is the GOP obligation to deny the small but very loud minority of crazy Leftists to implement their will towards the big but silent majority.

Abolish the Filibuster - you haven't used it ever before for SCOTUS and the Dems didn't hesitate to abolish it for lower Courts, they will abolish it as soon as they need it.  Do nuclear, confirm this outstanding qualified soon-to-be-Justice and fight back!

And now I yeel back to the President and watch the 2nd Day!

Because nothing ever changes in politics and it's always 1980 forever.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 07:49:00 PM »

YEEEEEEEES! Very good news!

1. McCaskill will be gone in 2018. The GOP is moving closer and closer to a long-term Senate majority.

2. The Filibuster will die what means that there will be no Deal to replace RBG, Kennedy or Breyer with a low energy Moderate or RINO. Trump is able to nominate a second strong conservative and the Court will be 5-4 or 6-3 conservative for at least 15 years, maybe way longer.

I couldn't be happier. Thank you, Claire McCaskill!

Dude, cool it. I can't tell whether or not you have a fetish for political defeat of liberals. I'm not joking.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 06:47:18 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies