16 people have died falling from the border wall.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:12:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  16 people have died falling from the border wall.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 16 people have died falling from the border wall.  (Read 934 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 30, 2022, 05:51:16 PM »
« edited: April 30, 2022, 06:14:27 PM by lfromnj »

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 06:11:26 PM »

Then don't climb?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 06:38:56 PM »

Too many of them listened to these assholes.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 07:01:19 PM »

Honestly, I don't feel sorry for these people at all.  The Wall means "STAY OUT!"  It's a Law Enforcement tool that we have every right to employ in enforcing our immigration laws which no legislative body has voted to change.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 07:05:28 PM »

Where do they get those ladders? Carry them with them? Or are the ladders left there so others can use them?

There is always a way to get around a barrier. You just have to get creative. That's why a wall is an expensive way to control immigration that doesn't really do the job. We need to employ more effective techniques to monitor our borders. And we have them. Walls are so antiquated.

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 07:21:45 PM »

Where do they get those ladders? Carry them with them? Or are the ladders left there so others can use them?

There is always a way to get around a barrier. You just have to get creative. That's why a wall is an expensive way to control immigration that doesn't really do the job. We need to employ more effective techniques to monitor our borders. And we have them. Walls are so antiquated.

This.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 07:26:45 PM »

pro life
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2022, 07:27:16 PM »

16?  I don't mean to be as soulless as the ghoul upthread who said he doesn't even feel sorry for them, but 16 is not a lot of people.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2022, 07:28:48 PM »

16?  I don't mean to be as soulless as the ghoul upthread who said he doesn't even feel sorry for them, but 16 is not a lot of people.

Its specifically just from just the wall itself, and doesn't include all others making the journey.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2022, 07:31:06 PM »

I'm not going to be emotionally manipulated by this.  These people chose to be stupid, and now their deaths are supposed to impact policy?  I think not.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2022, 07:41:06 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2022, 08:27:08 PM by Joe Republic »

Its specifically just from just the wall itself, and doesn't include all others making the journey.

Ok… so… what's your point?

I'm not going to be emotionally manipulated by this.  These people chose to be stupid, and now their deaths are supposed to impact policy?  I think not.

Who's asking you to?  Tragedy or not, we're talking about 16 people dying during a 3 year period.  If you want a little perspective on things, in the past 24 hours, three times that many Americans have been killed or injured with a gun, and 26 times that number of Americans died of Covid.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2022, 09:57:07 PM »

Then don't climb lol
"16 people have died jumping into tanks full of sharks"
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2022, 10:14:07 PM »

I'm not going to be emotionally manipulated by this.  These people chose to be stupid, and now their deaths are supposed to impact policy?  I think not.

Stupid to some, desperate to others.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2022, 11:39:10 PM »

This story brought to you by the shovel, jet ski, and hoverboard companies.
Waldo

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2022, 10:50:50 AM »

These deaths are so unnecessary. If they just paid the drug cartels to sneak them across like everybody else, none of this would have happened. Someone should start a GoFundMe.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2022, 02:08:16 PM »

I'm not going to be emotionally manipulated by this.  These people chose to be stupid, and now their deaths are supposed to impact policy?  I think not.

Who's asking you to?  Tragedy or not, we're talking about 16 people dying during a 3 year period.  If you want a little perspective on things, in the past 24 hours, three times that many Americans have been killed or injured with a gun, and 26 times that number of Americans died of Covid.

If this wasn't about emotional manipulation, what was this post about?
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2022, 02:48:34 PM »

Maybe we should try to figure out why they're so desperate to risk their lives crossing the border instead of smugly remarking, "Just don't cross lol."
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2022, 02:54:17 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2022, 03:06:58 PM by Joe Republic »

If this wasn't about emotional manipulation, what was this post about?

… I didn't post this thread.  Huh

My point has been that 16 people dying over the course of three years is tragic, but not exactly a noteworthy one (as horrible as that sounds) especially when compared to the ongoing mass deaths happening for other reasons, and you don't even care that they died at all.  So we seem to be in agreement that this whole thread is a bit of a non-story?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2022, 03:03:12 PM »

Maybe we should try to figure out why they're so desperate to risk their lives crossing the border instead of smugly remarking, "Just don't cross lol."

They want the Good Life in America.  Many are posing as Asylum Seekers, but those claims are mostly not substantiated.  And Asylum Seekers are required to seek refuge in the nearest safe country which, for many of these people, is Mexico.

Some of these people are human traffickers and drug dealers, but I'm fairly certain that most of these people are poor and want an upgrade in their standard of living.  No one doubts that.  That they WANT that doesn't mean that they should just be allowed to enter OUR country.  (And it is, indeed, OUR country, not theirs, and we are right to assert that principle in the most emphatic terms possible.)  What these people are, for the most part, are unskilled workers, and their presence in America puts the most stress on low-skill workers who are American citizens.

On top of all of that is the principle of the Rule of Law.  What Joe Biden is doing on Immigration is the most shameful abandonment of the Rule of Law.  He's simply not enforcing immigration laws; he's just letting people come in.  That's nonfeasance.  We would not accept that if Biden refused to enforce the Civil Rights Act.  People took Nixon to Court and won when he tried to impound funds that the Congress appropriated for him to spend.  Biden's actions here are unprincipled and shameful.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2022, 03:40:24 PM »

Honestly, I don't feel sorry for these people at all.  The Wall means "STAY OUT!"  It's a Law Enforcement tool that we have every right to employ in enforcing our immigration laws which no legislative body has voted to change.

Pro-life, lol.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2022, 05:25:13 PM »

Honestly, I don't feel sorry for these people at all.  The Wall means "STAY OUT!" 

Lol and you consider yourself to be a good Christian? I must have missed the part of the Bible where Jesus screamed at the foreigners to get out of Egypt.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2022, 05:46:02 PM »

You can feel sorry for the death of people, even if you think they acted foolishly or broke the law. These people was likely pretty normal people, and in a better world they wouldn’t have tried to climb over the border wall. A country have a right and duty to enforce control over its territory, but it doesn’t make the people like these people bad people.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2022, 07:14:46 PM »

Shouldn't have built it. What a total waste. Like what an incredibly stupid decision to construct this monstrosity.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2022, 07:15:57 PM »

There are tunnels anyway thru Mexico the cartels have tunneled thru
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2022, 09:10:20 PM »

Shouldn't have built it. What a total waste. Like what an incredibly stupid decision to construct this monstrosity.

I agree. I think they do it to appease the insecure, fearful voters. But why not put that money into effective technology. Walls are ugly.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies