70% Americans think COVID is here to stay and it’s time to move on (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:55:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  70% Americans think COVID is here to stay and it’s time to move on (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 70% Americans think COVID is here to stay and it’s time to move on  (Read 1724 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: January 31, 2022, 06:16:13 PM »

It's interesting how behind the Democrats are on a lot of issues like this. Virtually everyone on the right and a supermajority of independents agree, but the Democrats are in a dead heat, and that's only the general population. Amongst Democratic politicians (and even primary voters) I bet that their numbers look more like an inverse of the independents.

The left has a similar delusion with cancel culture, where the popular opinion is plain for all to see, but Democrats simply cannot bring themselves to acknowledge it.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 09:13:10 PM »

It's interesting how behind the Democrats are on a lot of issues like this. Virtually everyone on the right and a supermajority of independents agree, but the Democrats are in a dead heat, and that's only the general population. Amongst Democratic politicians (and even primary voters) I bet that their numbers look more like an inverse of the independents.

The left has a similar delusion with cancel culture, where the popular opinion is plain for all to see, but Democrats simply cannot bring themselves to acknowledge it.

In your personal opinion, what exactly does "we just need to get on with our lives" even mean?
People like to throw "loaded" words out, like this one, and also "back to normal," but they have no exact definition of what this means.
What is your exact proposal/procedures/steps to "we just need to get on with our lives" ?

My position right now is that the government should continue providing free vaccines and free boosters, as well as offer free Pfizer pills to anyone that gets COVID and needs that treatment. Every single other mitigation policy should end.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 06:59:35 PM »

I mean, in the past couple of weeks I went to a football game, the new Matrix movie, a Broadway show, dinner with friends at several restaurants, and an eSports tournament. I literally can't think of anything I could do before COVID that I can't do now, and I live in the ~*liberal hellhole*~ of NYC.

What does "getting on with your life" equal if not the above?

At this point it just means they don't like that the Applebee's waitress is wearing a mask.

Yeah, who cares if the help is forced to wear masks for over 8 hours a day?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies