70% Americans think COVID is here to stay and it’s time to move on (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:04:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  70% Americans think COVID is here to stay and it’s time to move on (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 70% Americans think COVID is here to stay and it’s time to move on  (Read 1745 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: January 31, 2022, 06:50:05 PM »

And in the same poll

-52% support mask and social distancing guidelines
-43% support vaccine mandates, while not a majority, substantially higher than 30%
-62% is very or somewhat concerned about becoming severely ill from COVID-19
-60% think that the country will not be able to get the outbreak under control and back to normal until after this year

The eye-catching 70% number is not the slam dunk you think it is. Accepting that COVID is here to stay and getting on with our lives can mean different things to different people. It's entirely reasonable to say that this means adapting to the new normal i.e. continuing to mask and reduce social contact.

Well, there is difference between "COVID is here to stay" and "it's a time to move on with our lives", so the poll's main question as presented by the OP is a bit imprecise to begin with.

I think the question whether COVID is here to stay has been settled for quite a while now, while the part with  moving on with our lives is a gradual process that has also been going for a while, but isn't really finished yet. Hence also the polling numbers posted by you above. I understand there's a mindboggling large faction in this forum who likes to pretend that the "moving on" has been concluded yesterday rather than in the future, but as I said before on similar occasions, you can't bend reality to you will no matter how hard you want it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies