Ted Cruz picks a fight with CNN, loses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:57:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ted Cruz picks a fight with CNN, loses
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ted Cruz picks a fight with CNN, loses  (Read 1052 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2021, 01:54:56 PM »

THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 01:58:03 PM »

Going to Cancun isn’t as bad as giving excuses for the Taliban.

If that CNN reporter thinks the Taliban is oh so friendly, she should stay there and never be allowed back into the US. There are many Afghan interpreters who have actually risked their lives for America fighting against the Taliban who are significantly more worthy of citizenship than ghouls like that Taliban apologist of a reporter.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 02:02:07 PM »

Clarissa Ward should stay in Afghanistan. In exchange, we should revoke her citizenship and give it to an Afghan translator who risked their life for America.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 02:02:14 PM »

If that CNN reporter thinks the Taliban is oh so friendly, she should stay there and never be allowed back into the US. There are many Afghan interpreters who have actually risked their lives for America fighting against the Taliban who are significantly more worthy of citizenship than ghouls like that Taliban apologist of a reporter.

Maybe Trump should stay there and never come back, since he negotiated with the Taliban for peace/withdrawal.  Maybe all Republicans should go there and never come back since they hate the US so much that they tried to overthrow it a few months ago.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 02:04:10 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2021, 02:11:35 PM by Storr »

How is saying that the Taliban "seems" friendly to an American reporter "defending an enemy of America"? Obviously claiming that they "seem friendly" is subjective and pure opinion, but that isn't the same as CNN reporting that they're freedom fighters or anything like that.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 02:07:22 PM »

Clarissa Ward should stay in Afghanistan. In exchange, we should revoke her citizenship and give it to an Afghan translator who risked their life for America.

Your posts are insufferable today.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 02:09:56 PM »

I don’t care. I am usually far more calm than this and I’ve even been somewhat less critical of the Biden regime, though I’ve still been harshly critical of them.

But this fiasco in Afghanistan has been the straw that broke the Tar Heel Gent’s back. I really am appalled at this, and above all, I am enraged.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 02:19:51 PM »

I forgot what it’s like for the out-of-power party to need to resort to pure disingenuousness for political point-scoring. Under Trump, reality did most heavy lifting for the Democrats on its own.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2021, 04:46:21 PM »

Ted Cruz is a clown.  News at 11.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2021, 05:07:04 PM »

Maybe Trump should stay there and never come back, since he negotiated with the Taliban for peace/withdrawal.  Maybe all Republicans should go there and never come back since they hate the US so much that they tried to overthrow it a few months ago.

Maybe Biden and all the Democrats should go there, given that you have emboldened the Taliban and gifted them America’s finest military equipment.

I would gladly deport a vile, mentally unstable, white liberal ghoul like The Trump Virus in exchange for a patriotic Cuban refugee or an Afghan translator. In fact, I will make sure to do so if I ever get elected President.

Better deport me too, motherf#cker.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2021, 05:17:15 PM »

Maybe Trump should stay there and never come back, since he negotiated with the Taliban for peace/withdrawal.  Maybe all Republicans should go there and never come back since they hate the US so much that they tried to overthrow it a few months ago.

Maybe Biden and all the Democrats should go there, given that you have emboldened the Taliban and gifted them America’s finest military equipment.

I would gladly deport a vile, mentally unstable, white liberal ghoul like The Trump Virus in exchange for a patriotic Cuban refugee or an Afghan translator. In fact, I will make sure to do so if I ever get elected President.

Many Democrats have been more than critical of the Afghanistan disaster. Also why do we need to deport people? We are more than capable of accepting millions of refugees, and we should do so.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2021, 06:09:55 PM »

I don’t care. I am usually far more calm than this and I’ve even been somewhat less critical of the Biden regime, though I’ve still been harshly critical of them.

But this fiasco in Afghanistan has been the straw that broke the Tar Heel Gent’s back. I really am appalled at this, and above all, I am enraged.

Cry more, neocon.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2021, 08:31:47 PM »

That sounds an awful lot like "cancel culture."
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2021, 09:20:22 PM »

You're normally one of the few reasonable blue avatars IMO but I don't get this post at all.  The CNN reporter didn't come off as making excuses for the Taliban.  The tone was clearly making it sound ironic that they want us dead but they are jovial while saying it.  Like it was very odd to her.  Not that she actually thought it was justified or that she is apologizing for it.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2021, 09:22:42 PM »

Do you think people in Texas explicitly vote for Ted Cruz because he's such a vile laughably hypocritical creature?  Like do you think this is their way of sticking it to the libs?  Finding the most deplorable human being possible to vote for so they can say "haha he got elected over a democrat"?
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2021, 09:22:46 PM »

You're normally one of the few reasonable blue avatars IMO

Rethink everything.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2021, 12:26:15 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2021, 07:05:21 AM by Badger »

Bullsh**t. If Trump had tried this a year ago south the exact same result--and if you deny it wouldve been identical you're a disingenuous dolt--you'd be saying this was unavoidable. And you'd have been right.

There's no straw broken here,. You are an ideological hack of the lowest order, and proved so with literally every dumbfounded post you inflict upon Atlas. This is no different
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2021, 12:58:42 AM »

Ted Cruz has gotten dunked on more times than Shawn Bradley
IAMCANADIAN
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2021, 02:01:46 AM »

I think many Republicans and "centrist" Democrats are really missing the point of this whole conversation.

The reason she thinks that a mob of people chanting "Death to America" is in any way friendly is because this type of rhetoric is used commonly in leftist circles. It is something she hears very often and did not think about the optics of saying that on television.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2021, 03:23:42 AM »

How is saying that the Taliban "seems" friendly to an American reporter "defending an enemy of America"? Obviously claiming that they "seem friendly" is subjective and pure opinion, but that isn't the same as CNN reporting that they're freedom fighters or anything like that.

Stating an opinion separate from prescribed Trumpspeak and prefabricated opinions that are doled out by the millions is un-American. You're only allowed to say these kinds of things about white supremacists who are openly yelling anti-Semitic chants and running over protesters, you see.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2021, 04:09:43 AM »

Anybody who's watched that full clip (I highly recommend it, and it's posted above) will have no issue with how she described that situation. She was obviously not defending or complimenting the Taliban. I have many issues with CNN, but Clarissa Ward has earned serious credibility in the last couple of days. And unless you've been to a totalitarian theocratic state that views you as both a second-class human because of your gender and and an enemy of God because of your religious background with no security or support from your government, then really, I'm probably not going to be super interested in your complaints in her reporting.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2021, 07:06:19 AM »

I think many Republicans and "centrist" Democrats are really missing the point of this whole conversation.

The reason she thinks that a mob of people chanting "Death to America" is in any way friendly is because this type of rhetoric is used commonly in leftist circles. It is something she hears very often and did not think about the optics of saying that on television.

Great point is always! I know when I get together with my Democratic and liberal friends around a campfire, chanting death to America is right up there with playing Brown Eyed Girl on the guitar
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2021, 11:54:02 AM »

This is so very clearly not the point, lol.

Anyway, you've got to be a real sad sack of failure to lose a fight with CNN of all organizations. Between this, his Cancun debacle, and groveling towards Trump after he insulted his wife and father, I'm not sure there is such a thing as rock bottom for Cruz. Dignity is beneath him as a concept, he's always finding new lows.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2021, 12:22:06 PM »

Do you think people in Texas explicitly vote for Ted Cruz because he's such a vile laughably hypocritical creature?  Like do you think this is their way of sticking it to the libs?  Finding the most deplorable human being possible to vote for so they can say "haha he got elected over a democrat"?

That was kind of the theory behind the Tea Party. Elect Republicans who have a "winner's mentality" and are focused purely on doing the opposite of what Democrats do. And for what it's worth, it really fired up their base. It also gave us the storming of the capitol and this prolonged pandemic.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2021, 12:30:10 PM »

I don’t care. I am usually far more calm than this ...

You mean "calm" like when you were posting YouTube "Nig**" videos, and directing them towards some of our Atlas users (I think one was black).
That kind of calm?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies