Mass Protests in Cuba (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:47:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Mass Protests in Cuba (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mass Protests in Cuba  (Read 7097 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: July 12, 2021, 09:22:21 AM »

Cuba recently has lifted Covid social distancing restrictions, and with the perfect mix of economic retraction and already being in a state of siege mentality since Trump got rid of normalization, there is of course going to be these protests. I do feel for the Cuban people getting rammed for nothing.

Saying this, this whole thing and the energy of boomers and VoA outside Cuba flagging this online is very similar to previous protests I’ve seen astroturfed in English and Farsi to the Iranian diaspora. No way are these anything substantial or threatening given the repeated lies by previous social media boostings. Cuba’s threats to regime change are entirely external given the fact that since the late 1980s they have tried to bridge the gap between the people and the party and have done a pretty good job at handling the Coronavirus crisis.

Agreed. I would boil and eat a hat if these "spontaneous" solidarity protests in Miami/Houston weren't coordinated on Whatsapp for weeks prior, by the same shady misinformation agents calling Covid a "scamdemic" and pushing 2020 election fraud lies.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 11:39:09 AM »

Good morning. Cuba deserves to be free. Hopefully this will amount to something tangible in their quest for freedom, but I'm not really optimistic.

Trouble is, for too many "free" means a return to the Batista days.

...Freedom for the rich to grow richer, freedom for the poor to be pauperised and to starve, return of undivided power to the landowners and capitalists, dissolution of the alliance of the peasants and the workers.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 02:19:12 PM »

Much better these days when everyone is poor and starving equally, apart from senior Party officials of course. After a certain point 'you don't want Mr Jones to run the farm again, do you?' loses any value as a serious argument.

Why don't you respond directly instead of passive aggressively commenting after me in reference to my comment?

Anyway, it's pretty obvious what the goal is here, and it's not wealth for the masses of Cuba. "Everyone is poor and starving equally" jokes are a kiddie-tier criticism of leftist government.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 12:37:30 AM »

Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 07:39:16 PM »

Well this thread has made the odiousness of certain left wing posters pretty clear.

Your comment quality has decreased as of late.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies