Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:28:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’  (Read 5197 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 16, 2018, 08:34:30 PM »

I mean, at the end of the day, you guys are the ones who have to live with yourselves.  Unless you guys genuinely believe that all of the allegations against Kavanaugh were unquestionably a vast left-wing conspiracy, this sort of blasé attitude about the matter is not just morally revolting, but inching towards an outright evil worldview where you don't care about rape, sexual assault, etc as much as you do about being able to do a Nelson Muntz-style "HaHa" for a month (at most).  I mean, there's none of the nuance or genuinely thoughtful commentary that we've seen from folks like Fuzzy, your posts are just you guys reveling in your own amorality.  Not gonna lie, I really thought both you guys were better than that, but I guess not Sad
I don't think it's a "conspiracy" but I definitely think all of these accusations were completely made up in order to prevent Kavanaugh from being appointed, and used by Democrats in order to potentially block his nomination and perhaps make sure Republicans could appoint one fewer SCOTUS justice.

Yes, because making up all those accusations is so much more believable than, you know, him actually doing what they accused him of.
As long as there is no evidence - yes.

What about the therapy notes from 2012, the contrast between Kavanaugh and Ford’s sworn testimony, Kavanaugh’s perjury about his drinking, Kavanaugh’s perjury about when he learned of Ramirez’s allegations, the polygraph test, and the fact that there are witnesses supporting Ramirez’s allegations?  You don’t consider any of that evidence?  You don’t think it’s even possible that maybe...just maybe there might be some truth to Ramirez and/or Ford’s allegations?  Side note: This idea that sworn testimony isn’t evidence needs to die.  Victim testimony is good enough to be treated as evidence in criminal court Tongue

I've said this a number of times about Kavanaugh:  There IS evidence.  

There is NOT enough evidence to convict Kavanaugh at trial.  (Beyond a Reasonable Doubt)

There is NOT enough evidence to charge Kavanaugh with a crime.  (Probable Cause)

There MAY be "reasonable suspicion" to believe that Kavanaugh committed a crime in the past, and a serious crime.  It is not likely that there will ever be more than that.

Still, would you really want to elevate to the Supreme Court a man who, as a 17 year old, can be reasonably suspected of putting his hand over the mouth of a female victim who was physically helpless while he tried to take her clothes off?  That's a good question.  Would you want such a person to be YOUR attorney?  Would you want such a person to be your PSYCHOTHERAPIST?  Would you want such a person to be YOUR DAUGHTER'S HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER?  I certainly believe that, absent politics, they would not be comfortable if their attorney, their psychotherapist, or their child's teacher suddenly had such an accusation as the one that has come out about Kavanaugh surface about one of those people.  

Kavanaugh doesn't meet the "Above Suspicion" standard.  That's a mighty high standard, but the SCOTUS is a mighty high place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies