Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:44:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’  (Read 5204 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« on: October 16, 2018, 01:10:37 PM »

This. We won. Purple heart Trumps hate after all Smiley.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 01:27:13 AM »

TIL "Love" is consolidating power through any means necessary and going to any extreme for the sake of "owning" or "triggering" your opponent, which in this case is more than half of the population of the United States. 

Well, once Democrats are in power again, I'm sure conservatives will get plenty of "love" from us. Smiley

Brett and the 4 other flawless beautiful conservatives will make sure you don't get too crazy with your new laws, in the end it was all about that anyway Smiley.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 07:43:32 AM »

Calm down children, I was not entirely serious lol.

But how can we ask anyone to be ''above suspicion''? I found the second and third allegations rather unbelievable. Ford's allegation might have been somewhat credible, but there were major holes and it's in no way enough to ruin someone's career and everything they've worked for. You can't just expect people to make decisions based on your story if you don't have any real proof, that would create a very nasty precedent. It must be incredibly hard for dr. Ford (assuming she believes her own story, which she probably does), but in the end the negative precedent that a Kavanaugh rejection would create quite frankly outweighs her feelings. Kavanaugh's behaviour during the hearings wasn't entirely proper, but I'll give him something of a pass considering the circumstances. Other than that you can't really doubt Kavanaugh's legal credentials. And no, we can't definitively conclude he committed perjury. Perjury has quite a high bar, being less than forecoming or potentially misinterpreting questions doesn't equal perjury. If you consider what Kavanaugh did perjury you're going to have to go after a lot of previous witnesses too lmao.

If something really credible comes up theoretically there always is the possibility of impeachment anyway. Now I know that the GOP congress likely wouldn't do it, but I'm not making policy based on the (nevertheless likely correct) assumption that the GOP congress will be sh**tty.

I don't really think the Kavanaugh situation can be compared to a teacher (credibly) being accused of sexual assault. Assuming Kavanaugh actually did it (I obviously don't think he did it) he still did it while he was a drunk 17-year old. An adult teacher with (credible) accusations is in a place to directly harm even more children. The stakes are much higher for Kavanaugh anyway. I'd just rather not open Pandora's box and create a situation where a story can ruin every man's life.

Lol at the people who want to pack the courts btw. The GOP confirmed someone who might have been relatively dodgy when he was 17 (based on accusations that are not extremely credible). The Democrats want to react by seizing the courts to further their own agenda in an almost dictatorial way. Yeah, I really see the similarities here Huh. Packing the courts would be equivalent to the things dodgy right-wing nationalist governments in Eastern Europe do (Orbán, PiS). It would finally show the entire world that America actually is a banana republic Tongue. Personally I consider the GOP's behaviour after Scalia's death to be much more appalling than the GOP confirming Kavanaugh. I don't think the way the judiciary and the other powers are interlinked in the US is particularly healthy anyway, but I guess that's how America works lol.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies