Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:30:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’  (Read 5194 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2018, 10:02:27 AM »

I honestly can't believe people buy the Ford accusations. It was the biggest gaslighting effort in ages and completely insincere, only aimed at partisan goals: slowing down the process in order to make sure Democrats win back the Senate before Kavanaugh could be confirmed. Casting doubt and creating smokescreens for no real reason other than pure partisanship. And it is Democrats who should be ashamed of this, not Republicans. Just like Republicans should be ashamed of not organizing hearings for Merrick Garland.

No, I don't view a testimony as "evidence" in itself, polygraphs are not very reliable, there are holes in Ford's testimony, I don't think Kavanaugh liking beer is a problem, I also don't think Kavanaugh downplaying him liking beer during what is essentially a job interview is a problem, and obviously one can find enough people seconding your story once a SCOTUS nominee of a party disliked in your social circles can be taken down.

I don't know anything about the accusations by people other than Ford, and am not particularly interested in learning more about them. They should have gone to court before if they had a problem with him. End of the story.

I hope thats why they did it but then again....whats wrong with that? Surely the party of phony investigations and dirty tricks like Benghazi, emails, death panels, phony IRS targeting Conservatives, Obama born in Kenya, etc... doesn't have a problem with their own behavior and tactics being used against them? It seem like you guys love to dish it out but cant take it back. Hopefully there are many more Kavanaugh investigations in the future.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2018, 10:33:02 AM »

I honestly can't believe people buy the Ford accusations. It was the biggest gaslighting effort in ages and completely insincere, only aimed at partisan goals: slowing down the process in order to make sure Democrats win back the Senate before Kavanaugh could be confirmed. Casting doubt and creating smokescreens for no real reason other than pure partisanship. And it is Democrats who should be ashamed of this, not Republicans. Just like Republicans should be ashamed of not organizing hearings for Merrick Garland.

No, I don't view a testimony as "evidence" in itself, polygraphs are not very reliable, there are holes in Ford's testimony, I don't think Kavanaugh liking beer is a problem, I also don't think Kavanaugh downplaying him liking beer during what is essentially a job interview is a problem, and obviously one can find enough people seconding your story once a SCOTUS nominee of a party disliked in your social circles can be taken down.

I don't know anything about the accusations by people other than Ford, and am not particularly interested in learning more about them. They should have gone to court before if they had a problem with him. End of the story.
I hope thats why they did it but then again....whats wrong with that?
Good, finally an honest answer. That's what I was waiting for.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2018, 11:20:56 AM »

I hope thats why they did it but then again....whats wrong with that? Surely the party of phony investigations and dirty tricks like Benghazi, emails, death panels, phony IRS targeting Conservatives, Obama born in Kenya, etc... doesn't have a problem with their own behavior and tactics being used against them? It seem like you guys love to dish it out but cant take it back. Hopefully there are many more Kavanaugh investigations in the future.

Seek help. 
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2018, 11:26:27 AM »

This is why we need President Avenatti
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2018, 01:58:34 PM »

I hope thats why they did it but then again....whats wrong with that?
Good, finally an honest answer. That's what I was waiting for.
Mondale doesn't represent most of us.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2018, 05:03:07 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

All the allegations were just that: allegations. If the accusers were serious, they would have gone to court. They don't do it, because they know they cannot prove anything. But they don't want the GOP to have another SCOTUS justice so they will go on and on with their allegations anyway. Kavanaugh's perjury is less relevant to me, because none of this would have happened if not for the made-up allegations. And anybody can say anything in a therapy session.
See, there's a little problem with this. It's very easy for you, or anybody else who had no connection with the case, to say "they should've gone to court" or "why come forward now?". Victims of sexual assault (and even Senate Republicans didn't dispute the fact Ford was one, only whether it was Kavanaugh) are understandably hesitant to come forward, and I don't think I need to spell out why.

You apparently do need to spell out why, because you are speaking to somebody that says "why didn't claimed sexual assault victim do xyz" out of one corner of his mouth and then actively cheers the public denigration of said claimed sexual assault victim by a person in a position of power who is also accused by multiple women of sexual assault. He is contributing to the culture of victim shaming for the means of partisan goals and rationalized through partisan justifications.

The truth of Ford's claims aren't what's important here. The partisan approval on the right wing of mocking sexual assault claims is the problem. People who have been sexually assaulted can recognize that this is a cultural response that silences based on power relations and institutional support networks, not based on the truth value of claims. Does anybody really think that this is the type of behavior and system of feedback responses that will make sexual assault victims feel comfortable coming forward?

They don't come forward because people like David or the individuals who cheered Trump at his rally where he mocked Ford respond positively when the claims are cruelly dismissed and not taken seriously. That is exactly what they fear will happen to them if they come forward with their own accounts.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies