The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:12:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3  (Read 172489 times)
TheBeardedOne
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: February 07, 2019, 11:33:00 PM »

Bernie Sanders & Goldman's Ex CEO are locked in a twitter feud.

Link? Can’t find anything on it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1476 on: February 08, 2019, 01:19:23 AM »

Stacey Abrams asked about her future, and says she’s “thinking about everything”, and will figure out what to do by the end of March:

https://www.thecut.com/2019/02/stacey-abrams-hasnt-ruled-out-a-2020-presidential-run.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hickenlooper’s PAC has hired a full-time staffer in Iowa:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2019/02/07/john-hickenlooper-hires-2020-iowa-caucuses-staff-caucus-presidential-former-colorado-governor/2804363002/

Moulton to give a speech on his “vision for the future of U.S. foreign policy” next week at the Brookings Institution:

https://www.salemnews.com/news/state_news/moulton-to-outline-foreign-police-vision/article_4a83a5e7-89ac-5e9a-887d-09cfadb718ec.html

Bloomberg’s team has discussed the possibility of an announcement on his birthday (Feb. 14th), but that seems out because he’s still undecided about whether he’s going to run or not:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/02/indecision-2020-mike-bloombergs-presidential-dream-springs-eternal

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1477 on: February 08, 2019, 09:55:24 AM »

Sanders reportedly “likely” to launch an exploratory committee before the end of this month:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/02/bernie-sanders-close-announcing-presidential-campaign/582328/

Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1478 on: February 08, 2019, 12:34:39 PM »

I love how JPK III gave a fine, but uninspiring SOTU response last year and for a week or so half of Atlas was sure he was going to be coronated President in 2021, or at least be the next VP. Then Stacey Abrams brings down the roof this year and there are 0 "Abrams 2020?????!?!???!?" threads on this board that I can find. I don't think she should run, but she'd be a better candidate and President than any of the living Kennedys.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1479 on: February 08, 2019, 12:42:50 PM »

I love how JPK III gave a fine, but uninspiring SOTU response last year and for a week or so half of Atlas was sure he was going to be coronated President in 2021, or at least be the next VP. Then Stacey Abrams brings down the roof this year and there are 0 "Abrams 2020?Huh?!?!???!?" threads on this board that I can find. I don't think she should run, but she'd be a better candidate and President than any of the living Kennedys.

Being more inspiring than empty suit Joe Kennedy III doesn't mean you'd be a great Presidential candidate.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1480 on: February 08, 2019, 12:50:37 PM »

Being more inspiring than empty suit Joe Kennedy III doesn't mean you'd be a great Presidential candidate.

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1481 on: February 08, 2019, 01:11:14 PM »

I love how JPK III gave a fine, but uninspiring SOTU response last year and for a week or so half of Atlas was sure he was going to be coronated President in 2021, or at least be the next VP. Then Stacey Abrams brings down the roof this year and there are 0 "Abrams 2020?Huh?!?!???!?" threads on this board that I can find. I don't think she should run, but she'd be a better candidate and President than any of the living Kennedys.

Nah, they're both bound for the Senate, JPK replacing Warren and Abrams (hopefully) replacing Perdue.
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #1482 on: February 08, 2019, 06:01:59 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1483 on: February 08, 2019, 07:44:53 PM »

Betomania is coming back!
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1484 on: February 08, 2019, 08:36:13 PM »

Is it too early to put together something like this?:

Can someone post a complete list of those who are a least musing about running on the Pub side? I mean the number of names is giving me a headache. Ehrlich? Who is he? Some guy from Maryland or something?  That guy who was drawn out of his CD seat in the Baltimore burbs back in 2002? Are we up to a score of them yet? A lot of folks really seem to want to increase their speaking fee rate it seems.

Already announced their candidacy
Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)
Sen. Rand Paul (KY)
Sen. Marco Rubio (FL)

Planning to make an announcement next week
neurosurgeon Ben Carson
former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
former Gov. Mike Huckabee (AR)

Has an exploratory committee
businessman Donald Trump

Has a "testing the waters" committee / 527
Sen. Lindsey Graham (SC)
Gov. John Kasich (OH)
former Sen. Rick Santorum (PA)
Gov. Scott Walker (WI)

Has a PAC that they seem to be using as a stealth presidential campaign
former UN Ambassador John Bolton
former Gov. Jeb Bush (FL)
Gov. Chris Christie (NJ)
Gov. Bobby Jindal (LA)
former Gov. George Pataki (NY)
former Gov. Rick Perry (TX)

Has been making trips to New Hampshire, and at least publicly says that a run for president is on the table
former Gov. Bob Ehrlich (MD)
former Gov. Jim Gilmore (VA)
Rep. Peter King (NY)

Has no PAC or exploratory committee, and has only made one recent visit to an early primary state, but has just recently started talking about the fact that he might run for president, and will make a decision soon
Gov. Rick Snyder (MI)

Had talked about running for president a few months ago, but have kind of dropped off the face of the Earth, and don't seem to be laying the groundwork at this point; still, they haven't given any kind of definitive statement ruling it out, so I guess it's still possible
former Gov. Sarah Palin (AK)
Gov. Mike Pence (IN)

So what is that?  23 names in total if you count everyone?

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1485 on: February 08, 2019, 09:38:58 PM »

Buffalo, New York Mayor Byron Brown is considering a longshot bid for President and/or VP.

https://buffalochronicle.com/2019/02/08/yes-byron-brown-should-run-for-president/?fbclid=IwAR0CAujPr29dHwXPoqRw09uXuBT6a3mpBe32vO8z86J6q9uKABM0_EfGbrg

Former Chair of the NYS Democratic Committee, NYS Senator, and Clinton 2016 superdelegate. Also, Mayor of Buffalo, New York.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1486 on: February 08, 2019, 09:42:57 PM »

Buffalo, New York Mayor Byron Brown is considering a longshot bid for President and/or VP.

https://buffalochronicle.com/2019/02/08/yes-byron-brown-should-run-for-president/?fbclid=IwAR0CAujPr29dHwXPoqRw09uXuBT6a3mpBe32vO8z86J6q9uKABM0_EfGbrg

Former Chair of the NYS Democratic Committee, NYS Senator, and Clinton 2016 superdelegate. Also, Mayor of Buffalo, New York.

"Buffalo, New York Mayor [...] Also, Mayor of Buffalo, New York."
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1487 on: February 08, 2019, 09:45:01 PM »

Has a Pete Buttigieg sig /s
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1488 on: February 08, 2019, 10:52:09 PM »

Is it too early to put together something like this?:

Can someone post a complete list of those who are a least musing about running on the Pub side? I mean the number of names is giving me a headache. Ehrlich? Who is he? Some guy from Maryland or something?  That guy who was drawn out of his CD seat in the Baltimore burbs back in 2002? Are we up to a score of them yet? A lot of folks really seem to want to increase their speaking fee rate it seems.

Already announced their candidacy
Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)
Sen. Rand Paul (KY)
Sen. Marco Rubio (FL)

Planning to make an announcement next week
neurosurgeon Ben Carson
former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
former Gov. Mike Huckabee (AR)

Has an exploratory committee
businessman Donald Trump

Has a "testing the waters" committee / 527
Sen. Lindsey Graham (SC)
Gov. John Kasich (OH)
former Sen. Rick Santorum (PA)
Gov. Scott Walker (WI)

Has a PAC that they seem to be using as a stealth presidential campaign
former UN Ambassador John Bolton
former Gov. Jeb Bush (FL)
Gov. Chris Christie (NJ)
Gov. Bobby Jindal (LA)
former Gov. George Pataki (NY)
former Gov. Rick Perry (TX)

Has been making trips to New Hampshire, and at least publicly says that a run for president is on the table
former Gov. Bob Ehrlich (MD)
former Gov. Jim Gilmore (VA)
Rep. Peter King (NY)

Has no PAC or exploratory committee, and has only made one recent visit to an early primary state, but has just recently started talking about the fact that he might run for president, and will make a decision soon
Gov. Rick Snyder (MI)

Had talked about running for president a few months ago, but have kind of dropped off the face of the Earth, and don't seem to be laying the groundwork at this point; still, they haven't given any kind of definitive statement ruling it out, so I guess it's still possible
former Gov. Sarah Palin (AK)
Gov. Mike Pence (IN)

So what is that?  23 names in total if you count everyone?

Hahaha I remember that post. I’d say the time is right.
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #1489 on: February 09, 2019, 03:13:15 AM »

Would make a great running mate for Wayne Messam.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1490 on: February 09, 2019, 06:00:31 AM »

Bloomberg says he'll announce his decision by the end of the month:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bloomberg-to-announce-2020-decision-by-end-of-month/

History505
« Reply #1491 on: February 09, 2019, 10:10:35 AM »

Elizabeth Warren is going to make an official announcement today in Lawrence, Mass at 11:00 EST today.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1492 on: February 09, 2019, 11:08:44 AM »

Has a Pete Buttigieg sig /s

That uhhhhh.......wasn't the point. It was the redundancy of the way you wrote that sentence.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1493 on: February 09, 2019, 12:29:58 PM »

O’Rourke to headline a rally at the border on Monday:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/429232-orourke-to-headline-counter-trump-rally-at-border

Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1494 on: February 09, 2019, 01:07:37 PM »

Come on Mr. Modern, do that sorting thing like you did in 2015 that I quoted on the last page for 2020!
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1495 on: February 09, 2019, 01:14:14 PM »

Come on Mr. Modern, do that sorting thing like you did in 2015 that I quoted on the last page for 2020!
You mean like this thread?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1496 on: February 09, 2019, 05:20:06 PM »

I don’t think some of those categories make sense anymore.  Virtually everyone is either:

1) already running or has an exploratory committee (and an exploratory committee is legally effectively the same as already running)

2) publicly admitting that they’re thinking about running, and using a PAC or similar mechanism to fund their testing of the waters, or

3) have already ruled out running.

Though there are a few borderline cases that I can get into.  But I don’t think it makes sense to parse out which not-yet-legally-candidates are using PACs, since almost all of them are, and in many cases they’ve had them for years, since tons of politicians do nowadays, even if they have no intention of running for president.

Anyway, you should already know who’s already “officially in” or has an exploratory committee, so I’ll skip them and list the others on the Dem. side only:

Apparently going to announce tomorrow
Klobuchar

Publicly say that they’re thinking about running for president
Bennet
Biden
Bloomberg
Brown
Bullock
de Blasio
Hickenlooper
Holder
Inslee
McAuliffe
Merkley
O’Rourke
Ryan
Sanders
Swalwell

Maybe thinking about it, but with an asterisk
Abrams: Said she’s “thinking about everything”, which I guess opens the door, but didn’t really single out a presidential run as more likely than any other option in the world.  In any case, she says she’ll figure it out by the end of March.

Moulton: Back in October, he said that a presidential run is not “the best way [he] could serve his country right now.”  But then just in the past week, we have an anonymous source saying he’s still thinking about running, and he made a trip to New Hampshire.  While there, he didn’t talk about 2020, except to say that he wants to spend the next two years making sure Trump isn’t reelected.  So he hasn’t publicly reopened the door, but he’s hinting at it.

Have given some version of “I’m not thinking about it, but I never rule anything out, so I guess there’s a small chance it’ll happen”
Kerry
Landrieu

Apparently thinking about it, but they’re so obscure that no one cares
Byron Brown
Wayne Messam
Richard Vague
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1497 on: February 09, 2019, 05:39:13 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2019, 05:53:48 PM by Senator Zaybay »

According to my source (I wrote a few posts like this in this thread with informations about Democratic primaries) there is some kind of infighting between Sanders and Warren about staffers, donors, money,  or simply who is better candidate of progressive wing in these primaries and whole elections and stuff.

That is not good news for progressives.

How is this bad news? Not only is Warren only getting 5% while Sanders still remains in 2nd with her on the ballot, but I would say its worse for a candidate like Harris to have Booker in the race than Sanders to have Warren in the race.

Also, Im pretty sure most of the field is pretty Progressive.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1498 on: February 09, 2019, 05:41:35 PM »

According to my source (I wrote a few posts like this in this thread with informations about Democratic primaries) there is some kind of infighting between Sanders and Warren about staffers, donors, money,  or simply who is better candidate of progressive wing in these primaries and whole elections and stuff.

Poland hacks the DNC!
Harlow

« Reply #1499 on: February 09, 2019, 07:50:27 PM »

Infighting between two candidates in a primary? Well I never!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies