Erica Garner dies at 27 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:10:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Erica Garner dies at 27 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Erica Garner dies at 27  (Read 3594 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« on: December 31, 2017, 09:53:55 PM »

The Facebook comments I've seen about the story all make me either want to kill myself or throw a Trump supporter from the Empire State Building. Make of that what you will, mods, but I'm disgusted to my core.

Rest in peace.

This post is very close to the line, but I am letting it go for the moment. I don't think you mean this literally as opposed to just venting anger. Torie.

Are you f**king serious Tory!?!

Fuzzy, are you really so soulless that the one thing you give a damn about in a thread about a persons death is attacking the deceased and insisting their father was evil?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 11:41:43 AM »

Have you tried making it legal to sell single cigarettes?  If that was legal, the dead girl's dad would (maybe, he clearly wasn't healthy) still be alive and we would have never heard about any of them.  Police need to do better, of course, but so do we in electing ass clowns that pass all these laws that put poor people and the police in sh**tty situations neither group wants to be in.

Because thats clearly the biggest problem here. Can you post in a thread about someones death without evangelizing about a pet issue?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 06:59:04 PM »

Because thats clearly the biggest problem here.
I don't know about the biggest, but it's certainly an important issue.  Unless you want poor people and cops to have more negative run ins with each other, you might, I don't know.  Perhaps you think it furthers a narrative you want furthered?
Bringing up a pet issue in a thread about someones death that's tangentially related at best(which you seem to care about for entirely unrelated reasons) is really freaking insensitive dude.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 10:07:35 PM »

Because thats clearly the biggest problem here.
I don't know about the biggest, but it's certainly an important issue.  Unless you want poor people and cops to have more negative run ins with each other, you might, I don't know.  Perhaps you think it furthers a narrative you want furthered?
Bringing up a pet issue in a thread about someones death that's tangentially related at best(which you seem to care about for entirely unrelated reasons) is really freaking insensitive dude.

What are you going to post when Donald Trump passes away?  "RIP, Mr. President."?

Without her public advocacy stemming from her father's death and the circumstances surrounding it, Erica Garner would be no more a public figure than you or I.  She chose to become a public figure, and it's far from improper to discuss the legacy (good or ill) of a public figure when they die.

Donald trump is a sociopathic kleptocratic serial rapist who has spent the majority of his time in politics promoting bigotry and attacking fact itself. He is an affront to all that is good and a symbol of all that is wrong in America. No rational human being would put an activist like Erica Garner on that level.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies