Why do (modern) conservatives seem to despise TR? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:37:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why do (modern) conservatives seem to despise TR? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do (modern) conservatives seem to despise TR?  (Read 2088 times)
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« on: December 29, 2010, 11:07:47 AM »

There was a rapid expansion of government control during his term, he was a war monger, and I personally hate him because oh McKinley,  Thomas Reed would have been a much better president.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:29:45 AM »

Anyone else remember this time in the 2000 primary when all the GOP candidates were naming TR as their favorite past president? Or was it just McCain and L. Dole?

I can't see him taking that title away from Reagan, didn't McCain claim to be a foot soldier in the Reagan Revolution?
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 09:39:58 AM »

Anyone else remember this time in the 2000 primary when all the GOP candidates were naming TR as their favorite past president? Or was it just McCain and L. Dole?

I can't see him taking that title away from Reagan, didn't McCain claim to be a foot soldier in the Reagan Revolution?

No no, McCain's hero is TR as you can see.
In the same sentence that he declares himself a "conservative" he claims TR is his hero. A bit conflicting...
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 08:42:06 AM »

Maybe it's like being featured on a coin or something, because he was still alive (and yet too sick to contribute) they were respectful about how they cited him.
He made it this far, why not?

No no, McCain's hero is TR as you can see.
In the same sentence that he declares himself a "conservative" he claims TR is his hero. A bit conflicting...

Reagan considered himself a conservative and considered TR an American Hero, and seemed to have great admiration for him.

TR was just an excellent reformer who introduced some much needed reforms to our country, IMO.
That he was, but he was also an imperialist and a man that had no respect for the Constitution, Wilson at least got his reforms through with amendments.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 04:50:50 PM »

Just that? We don't like him for any specific reason, just cause he's a liberal?
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 05:39:40 PM »

Just that? We don't like him for any specific reason, just cause he's a liberal?
I mean, that's the reason yall don't like Obama/Clinton/Carter/Kerry/JFK/FDR/etc., so why not him too?
There are lots of different reasons why hate each of them, but not because they're liberals. Also, not so much JFK, strangely enough.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies