Moderate Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:11:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Moderate Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moderate Republicans  (Read 12016 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:14:59 PM »

Simple there are no moderate Republicans only right-wing and extreme right-wing ones! The "moderates" are just good at hiding their true selves tbh.

What's the difference between right-wing and extreme right-wing?

The extreme right-wing can be seen in the Tea Party like politicians that want to take America back to the 1500's with their extreme religious bigotry and laiz-faire like economic policies.

While the right-wing of the GOP wants to maintain the unchecked capitalism we have right now and that led t the 2008 meltdown.

The GOP as well as the Democrats o a lesser extent are the enemies of the worker due to their neo-liberal stances. More so then right-wing opposition's in other countries

You will find much more peace in life when you realize there is not much different between either political party when it comes to actual governing. While I find the rhetoric that comes from the right wing horrifying at times, the Democrats have the same loons in their party, they just are more accepted amongst the public due to the media's influence.

The Republican Party of today is at a dangerous place with the purging of sane minds and moderates who used to run things, and they will either be out of power for a long time and realize the error of their ways or they will ceased to exist at a party. The Tea Party themselves is one of the worst things ever to rear its ugly head in American politics. They are divisive and reactionary and are only a bad influence for the GOP. They seem to prey on the less educated by using slogans and framing issues into simple catch phrases that really do nothing to address real problems, and they seem to think their twisted way of viewing the world is mainstream when in reality it's eroding the only buffer between the Democrats and unchecked power.

In my view, there were only two sane people running for president in the GOP field, yet it was stretched out for far too long because of people like the Tea Party who are more interested in tag lines than actual solutions. And it's a shame that Mitt Romney is having to adopt some things like that to get the support of his party.

That's just my view of things today in the GOP. The only thing keeping me in the party is what it is supposed to stand for, because deep down I believe in personal responsibility, civil liberties, human rights, and the power of American capitalism. But those things are hard to find in either party these days.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies