BBC- Prepare for 2007 Snap Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:40:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  BBC- Prepare for 2007 Snap Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BBC- Prepare for 2007 Snap Election  (Read 4216 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: December 28, 2006, 06:05:57 AM »

but I also like Cameron as a politician and think he's doing a good job of dragging the Tories into the 21st Century.

That's exactly what Labour don't get, Cameron is pretty popular as a person (more so, it has to be said than his party) and Labour don't know how to deal with him- Early attacks, particularly on his class background just come off as a crass or childish (mocking David 'call me Dave' Cameron from the party that brought us Anthony 'call me Tony' Blair for example Smiley )
Not to mention Anthony 'call me Tony Benn' Sedgwood-Benn! Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 10:02:31 AM »

More like 1940 actually I suppose.

The Depression took a peculiar turn in Britain in that it really didn't affect the South of England very much, while unemployment hovered at utterly grotesque levels in much of the remainder of the country rather longer than in America or on the continent.

Re all Liberals. That's not really true. The party split three ways. One wing essentially joined the Tories (and eventually really did). One wing merely allied with them until 1935. And one tiny wing - really just David Lloyd George, his children, and his retainers - remained in opposition.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies